Learning four games bad?

• tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I currently play 6max but I really want to start working on three other games which are MTT, PLO, and HU SNGS. Is it a viable option? or will I get worse at 6max doing this? and if I do this should only learn one at a time then stop that one and then work on the next one.
  • 4 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Obv you won't get worse at 6max NL from learning something else, it's the opposite i'd say.
      And yea, you should concentrate on learning one game at a time.
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      learning a new game means you'll make more mistakes and mistakes mean you will lose money also you will have less time to play your best game 6max and this means even more money lost.
      I'd say if you can afford it - do it. It can only help your game and is more fun to play different games. good luck
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      Is it a viable option? or will I get worse at 6max doing this?
      You won't get worse at 6-max but you will slow your learning curve relative to someone who only focused on one game. (I'm sure that's quite obvious though.)

If you are in this for the money I would focus on 6-max. If you are in this for fun and enjoyment then I would do whatever sort of learning you find enjoyable.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      i think you should try to learn the preflop basics of 6max and stay with that for a few months