little tilt

• Magijec
      Magijec
      Bronze
      So i was playing my routine Rush NL5 session and everything was fine. I was 1 BI up after 200 hands basically without single showdown. Then I got dealt pocket Aces and lost preflop all in vs pocket kings. I can deal with such things, I've played lots of SnGs afterall. But for last 12-13k of hands i havent won a single fucking preflop shove. If I have AA I get sucked out by Kings and if I have Kings, I run into Aces. So i got pissed off and lost my concentration plus I had more bad luck - I lost another 3 buy ins. Overall lost 4 buy ins in 100 hands and I left the tables, because 4 BIs is my stoploss. Now I am gonna study silver articles, watch some silver videos and then i will come back and finally clear those 3 dollars that i need to get another 20 bucks released from my 300 bonus. Planned to play at least 4000 hands today, guess I wont. I think this was my first real tilt btw. I am glad it was short. :)
  • 3 replies
    • woopstash
      woopstash
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Magijec
      But for last 12-13k of hands i havent won a single fucking preflop shove.
      Let's see the graph.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi Magijec,

I'm guessing you're playing BSS? As FTP doesn't allow SSS anymore.

I don't think too many hands should be going all in preflop? AA, KK, QQ only imo. If you lost with those hands, every time over 12k hands, that would be truely sick!

However, most of the time when you play those hands, they don't go all in preflop. How many times were you all in preflop?

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your bad run, losing with premium hands always sucks, but try not to let it tilt you as you know it leads to losses.

I'm glad you have decided to do the right thing and study!

When you are suffering a downswing, its a good idea to post hands to see if you are playing well. Also review your game by checking through your hand histories, to see if you have allowed in any leaks.

Regards,
      Sarah
    • Magijec
      Magijec
      Bronze
      Downswing is over and healed already. One thing I like about Rush poker is that you can run through usual 15-20k hands swings in just few days while normally it would take a month and I would be pissed and tired of poker by that time.