[NL2-NL10] KQs NL10 oop

• Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Bronze
      Should I be re-raising on the flop here to protect my top pair.
      Surely I would then be committed if he shoves, was worried about a set.

How about turn, should I bet here.

I think the river should of been an easy fold for me, but my thinking was missed flush draw after he took the free card.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $15.52
      BU:
      $10.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 6:diamond: , 5:spade: , K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BU raises to $1.70, Hero calls $1.10.

Turn: ($4.35) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($4.35) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50.

Final Pot: $11.35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kh Qh)
      BU shows three of a kind, sevens (7d 7c)

BU wins with three of a kind, sevens (7d 7c)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't like 3-betting the flop without history. Even tho it's possible he's completely full of shit because it's COvsBU, the stacks aren't deep enough for him to ever consider jamming his bluffs over a 3-bet no matter how small. Which means if we essentially commit $9 more to the pot, we'll be at best a 2:1 favorite sometimes, most of the time ~flipping/2-outing against the range he gets it in with. I'd rather call and let him continue with everything if he so chooses.

Turn isn't really a good card, 87 got there. That being said it's a good card for him to represent with spades/air so who knows. Depending on how aggressive you think that guy is, check/call again or check/shove on him.

As played on the river I don't think he ever has 8x (he checked back the turn), if he somehow raised that flop with Kx/sets i can't see why he'd check back that turn either. So he's bluffing with busted spades, he got cold feet and pot-controlled Kx on that specific turn, or he randomly got there with some trash 76-like hand he raised the flop with for no good reason. Unless you know something about his tendencies/bet sizing that i don't, i think calling the river is reasonable.

Hope it helps.