[NL2-NL10] 99 Nl10

• Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Bronze
      Should I be 3-betting pre-flop?
      I think the flop is about as good as I can hope for without hitting a 9, the re-raise worries me a little but I can't fold an over pair just yet?

Turn and river are both bad cards for me, but his river bet looks like a bluff. Still I have to fold right?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $25.33

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:diamond: , 9:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 3:spade: , 7:club: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.30, CO raises to $3.00, Hero calls $1.70.

Turn: ($6.85) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($6.85) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO raises $21.93 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $28.78
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

For me it usually depends how big of a pain in the ass villain can be postflop. The more aggressive he is in position, the tougher he gets to flatcall in the blinds and confidently check/call out of position postflop. Since he looks kinda tight and he's probably playing rather straightforward, calling should be fine, planning to call a c-bet on the driest boards and mostly folding to turn bets.

I'd probably lead that flop strong, about $0.65, for a few reasons. First it's not a common c-betting board so he might check behind a lot, yet we might induce calls from weak hands by leading. Second it won't cost us more than check/calling a bet against a range who is likely kinda strong to be betting that board. And Third, i don't want to make it too small to prevent him from just randomly raising with anything, since i don't plan on calling a raise out of position against a range against which i'm either two-outing (overpairs/sets) or even money by the river (flushdraw+overs that will check back the turn).

As played i don't really like the raise/call nor raise/fold, so usually i just call and reevaluate on the turn.

As played on the river it would indeed be a good bluffing spot for him, but i just think he has the Kc. Folding is fine.

Hope it helps.