This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A6s NL10

• Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Gold
      Basically was an attempted steal, which hits top pair on flop.

Should I be more aggressive post-flop, I just thought it would be easy for him to hold an over pair like 88.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.25
      BU:
      $12.37

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , 6:spade:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 6:diamond: , 2:club: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BU calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.15) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, BU calls $1.30.

River: ($4.75) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.10, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7.85
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Weird. If he was a tag I'd call that river, because they aren't capable of valuebetting one pair hands on the river when the flush gets there on the turn and they would raise a set on the flop, most of them would also raise flushdraws. So i'd put him on some crap that he floated the flop with BUvsCO and picked up a one-card flushdraw on the turn, and take the risk of calling that bet and maybe look dumb if i'm wrong :D

As it is, he looks more fishy than anything else so he likely plays a flush exactly like that, he could also not have raised a set on the flop and have a boat. Better yet, he could even be merging on the river and "valuebet" something like 88 just because you didn't bet yourself. So i think folding is ok against his $3 bet barring further reads.

Hope it helps.