[NL2-NL10] KK vs extra tight and fish

• LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      EDIT: At NL4, CO had ~$6.40

Ok, so the story is as follows: CO is a respectable tight player who knows when to fold and also folds to a reraise with QQ which was shown before, c-bets often. His mistake was always betting when not facing aggression (with a TPTK he will fold to a turn reraise, but if you just call he shoves river :D ). SB is a fish who goes all-in all the time with garbage unless there was a reraise preflop and BB is a weak tight who pretty much played about 6 hands in 200 I was at the table.

I was thinking of cold-calling CO after the flop if an ace doesn't come, otherwise he would just fold or get the fish to shove and take it's money preflop. Turns out the fish did shove and CO reraised which he also did with hands like JJ or AQo when facing lesser fish than this one. Question is, was my call preflop ok in these circumstances or should I just always 3bet that? And also please comment on the other. Ty in advance

Preflop: ($0.06) Hero is BU with K K.
      CO raises to 0.16, Hero calls 0.16, SB raises to 0.62 and is all in, BB folds, CO raises to 2.06, Hero raises to 11.36 and is all in, CO calls

Flop: ($16.26) K,6,5 (3 players)

Turn: ($16.26) 3 (3 players)

River: ($16.26) 8 (3 players)

By the way, fish had AA and CO had QQ.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by LudiCoka
      His mistake was always betting when not facing aggression (with a TPTK he will fold to a turn reraise, but if you just call he shoves river :D ).
      Well I consider that a good value play at microstakes, go figure :D

Not much to say about the hand, you can't really fold that ever, CO's range for 4-bet isolating the shortstack fish will have stuff like AQ+/99-QQ in it that you crush and he can't really fold most of that anymore after putting so much money in because you could have the same hands yourself (you didn't 3bet to begin with, hard to put you on a premium).

Hope it helps.