A bit Nitty

• Pasty92
      I have to be honest, the strategy on Pokerstrategy.com is extremely nitty.

Also i feel at times it could be a little more advanced.

Now, i passed the quiz without readin the articles, i assumed it was going to be a nitty quiz, as anyone with common sense would.

But some of the things stated. Like folding QQ in late position to a 3 bet. Im sorry but i shoving there all day, alot of time your getting opened by AQ and a 3 bet being made by 99 1010 JJ AQ AK.

Also i feel like in some of the questions it would be important to mention relative stack sizes and maybe include players "M Factor"

I dont know if you do, but an article on "M Factor" and interpreting it into your questions would help greatly.

Im a winning player. Use M successfully, and i think it is highly appropriate to be taught in Multi Table Tournament play.

Okay i think im done

• 3 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      Hey Pasty92,

The basic and bronze level articles are designed to help new players to the game learn about their chosen strategy without getting into too many difficult spots.

As you earn higher a higher status then the articles start to get more advanced the higher up the status rank you climb.

As for your question about the M strategy, there is indeed an article explaining all about M once you get to the silver status.

Kind Regards,
    • Pasty92
      Does anyone else think that some of the strat in the articles is extremely nitty play though?

Like folding AQ UTG and so on.
    • EagleStar88
      Hi Pasty92,

As Steve has already indicated, the first strategy material is designed specifically for players new to poker.

The articles you are referring to might appear to be on the nitty side of things, but are specifically designed so that inexperienced players do not get themselves into situations where they have to make difficult/complex decisions on how to proceed post flop. Don't forget that we were all new once too.

They are purposely designed to integrate new players in slowly and to build on their knowledge/experience/thinking about hands at each step.

Again, as Steve confirmed, there are more extremely complex articles available to players from Silver/Gold upwards. The strategies are proven to provide players with an edge.

It sounds like you already have some previous experience of poker, so it might be that you would benefit more from the Silver+ articles, however please read the strategies with an open mind and try them out for yourself, I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

On a side issue, we would be grateful if you can moderate some of your comments in the forums or at least think before posting. Please bear in mind that a lot of our members are inexperienced or new to poker and as a community we want to help, encourage & support them at every stage. Also for a large number, English is not their native language.
      We have had to warn you a couple of times now about inconsiderate posts, please don't make us have to take further action as excluding you from the forum or from receiving your starting capital etc would be a shame.

I trust you will understand, thank you for your co-operation and look forward to hearing how you get on with the strategies in due course when your up & running. Good luck ;)

Best regards,