SB: $39.62
      BB: $30.00
      UTG: $33.63
      Hero (MP): $32.48
      CO: $45.39
      BTN: $34.00

Pre Flop: ($0.45) Hero is MP with T :club: T :spade:
      UTG raises to $1.05, Hero calls $1.05, CO calls $1.05, 3 folds

Flop: ($3.60) 3 :club: 8 :club: 3 :diamond: (3 players)
      UTG bets $3.00, Hero folds, CO folds

19/16 33hands
      cbet 45percent
      he wanst cbeting mutch and now he cbets 3way on sucha a board, not sure if he is able ot cbet here light because there is not many hands we can hit
      but if he is cbeting only his made hands and maybe some FD
      then I am not ahead of anything jsut 99
  • 6 replies
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I like playing it the way you did against an early position raiser who doesn't cbet much. You are big dog most of the time and even if you're not, he will have at least 6 outs against you most of the time. There are hardly any cards you want to see on turn or river, so calling down would turn into an ugly and expensive matter.
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      I agree.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I wouldn´d fold to standard c-bet, since board is so dry that he would c-bet there 100% even in 3-way.
      calling turn, folding turn seems there more reasonable or if you think he would barrel turn then call flop, call turn and evaluate river
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I wouldn´d fold to standard c-bet, since board is so dry that he would c-bet there 100% even in 3-way.
      calling turn, folding turn seems there more reasonable or if you think he would barrel turn then call flop, call turn and evaluate river
      I doubt that when he cbet jsut 40 percent of flops and I doubt he cbet 3way when he odnt ahve it, maybe he even cbet all the time when he has it and it would be shown on the larger smaplesize
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      i know what ur saying. 40 cbet is nitty, so folding doesnt seem like a big mistake. but 33 hands doesnt seem much to me at all. maybe enough to tell fr VPIP/PFR that he's taggish, but not much more than that.

IF i am against unknown tags, with overpair on flop, i might call or even 3bet flop. conservatively i put him on AQ+ or pocketpairs which i expect him to play the way he did on such a dry board.

calling:
      - i like floating against tags bec they often give up on turn unimproved and our hand actually has showdown value. plus we are IP and get to see wat he does on later streets.

3betting might be overplaying our hand a bit but serves me these purposes:
      if he folds
      - we win the hand right then. if ur afraid he has a big hand, imagine that it is the same for him. and it just sucks playing OOP.
      if he calls
      - might stop him betting turn/river allowing me cheap showdown if he has other pocketpairs or AK or sth
      - if we hit T, we're getting paid
      if he reraises, then its an easier fold for us. but i dont think he reraises with FD or overcards.

my two cents. probly being too fancy :D
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      i know what ur saying. 40 cbet is nitty, so folding doesnt seem like a big mistake. but 33 hands doesnt seem much to me at all. maybe enough to tell fr VPIP/PFR that he's taggish, but not much more than that.

IF i am against unknown tags, with overpair on flop, i might call or even 3bet flop. conservatively i put him on AQ+ or pocketpairs which i expect him to play the way he did on such a dry board.

calling:
      - i like floating against tags bec they often give up on turn unimproved and our hand actually has showdown value. plus we are IP and get to see wat he does on later streets.

3betting might be overplaying our hand a bit but serves me these purposes:
      if he folds
      - we win the hand right then. if ur afraid he has a big hand, imagine that it is the same for him. and it just sucks playing OOP.
      if he calls
      - might stop him betting turn/river allowing me cheap showdown if he has other pocketpairs or AK or sth
      - if we hit T, we're getting paid
      if he reraises, then its an easier fold for us. but i dont think he reraises with FD or overcards.

my two cents. probly being too fancy :D
      no, I like it, my standard play woudl usually be call and reevaluate on turn (or play autopilot form turn :D whatever is my mood) bbut I felt fancy and wanted to make a "good" laydown :D but well, I at least felt good because I havent seen Jacks in his hand on the sowdown :)