[NL2-NL10] nl4 SH - turning a blunder into value

• BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($3.93)
      SB ($1.41)
      BB ($4.39)
      Hero (UTG) ($7.68)
      MP ($4.14)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J, 10
      Hero bets $0.16, MP calls $0.16, 2 folds, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.50) A, K, 4 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.32, MP calls $0.32, 1 fold

Turn: ($1.14) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

River: ($2.04) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.56, MP calls $1.56

Total pot: $5.16 | Rake: $0.34

Right when this hand happened, I was talking to someone irl and I had action on 3 other tables, so I was extremely OFF focus. I 2nd barrel this turn any day, because all top cards are out and villains here would pay me off even with a Kx kind of hand...

Anyway, 1 second after I made that check I saw the blunder that I've made, but since I'm kind of new to the concept of c/raise-ing I didn't feel sure if I could turn out my blunder into value-raise that way and decided to just call and hope for a blank on the river.
      Sadly (well not really as it turns out :P ) a diamond comes on the river, giving me the 2nd nut flush so I go out and valuebet 3/4 pot hoping that villain has me on a busted Spade draw. He called me which was good, but I don't feel that I can get as good of a value bet on higher limits / tighter opponents.

So after reading my analysis, the real question:
      Could I have turned that check blunder into a check-raise value/protection (I had my opponent either on the spade FD, or on Strong-ish A, eventually some 2-pair as well).
      I just feel that on a blank river I could easily stack him, but on a spade river I'd have trouble playing my straight.
  • 1 reply