This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 SH - turning a blunder into value

• BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Bronze
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($3.93)
      SB ($1.41)
      BB ($4.39)
      Hero (UTG) ($7.68)
      MP ($4.14)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J, 10
      Hero bets $0.16, MP calls $0.16, 2 folds, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.50) A, K, 4 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.32, MP calls $0.32, 1 fold

Turn: ($1.14) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

River: ($2.04) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.56, MP calls $1.56

Total pot: $5.16 | Rake: $0.34

Right when this hand happened, I was talking to someone irl and I had action on 3 other tables, so I was extremely OFF focus. I 2nd barrel this turn any day, because all top cards are out and villains here would pay me off even with a Kx kind of hand...

Anyway, 1 second after I made that check I saw the blunder that I've made, but since I'm kind of new to the concept of c/raise-ing I didn't feel sure if I could turn out my blunder into value-raise that way and decided to just call and hope for a blank on the river.
      Sadly (well not really as it turns out :P ) a diamond comes on the river, giving me the 2nd nut flush so I go out and valuebet 3/4 pot hoping that villain has me on a busted Spade draw. He called me which was good, but I don't feel that I can get as good of a value bet on higher limits / tighter opponents.

So after reading my analysis, the real question:
      Could I have turned that check blunder into a check-raise value/protection (I had my opponent either on the spade FD, or on Strong-ish A, eventually some 2-pair as well).
      I just feel that on a blank river I could easily stack him, but on a spade river I'd have trouble playing my straight.
  • 1 reply