[NL2-NL10] nl4 FR - JJ utg, 3way flop

• BattleHunter
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (9 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($13.71)
      Button ($0.62)
      SB ($3.18)
      BB ($2.16)
      Hero (UTG) ($5.15)
      UTG+1 ($1.26)
      MP1 ($5.42)
      MP2 ($3.88)
      MP3 ($6.55)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J, J
      Hero bets $0.16, UTG+1 calls $0.16, 6 folds, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.50) 9, 6, 10 (3 players)
      BB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.36, 1 fold, BB calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.22) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.72, BB calls $0.72

River: ($2.66) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $2.66 | Rake: $0.17

1st of all since I'm kind of new to FR - should I make a 5bb raise from UTG? It feels really strange to open a decent-but-not-top pocket pair and still have 8ppl to act after me :о

How the hand went I was pretty sure he didn't have a better pocket pair because of the preflop action. There weren't many draws beside a few gutshots and OESDs, but turn is a blank so I make a happy valuebet of a bit below 2/3 pot (should have been 0.80 but that's not so important right now).

The important part is the river. He could have a Q but it was rather unlikely and I'm pretty sure he would have donked the river if that was the only thing he had.
      What I'm concerned about is that villain could easily have a set or at least 2 pair that he called me down 2 streets and since he saw me being so aggressive, so he might be trying to trap me with a c-raise. The J8/KJ straights also filled, but it was quite unlikely for him to have those because of the 2 blockers I was holding.

Can I find a valuebet on that river? And if I can what sizing should I use?
  • 2 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Nice played.
      River check is good, you dont have top pair or better.
      Smaal pot for smaal hand, big pot for big hand ;)
      In NL4 we never know what he have, dont waste to much time to figure out what range they have. If you have strong hand, then bet for value, if you dont have hand - fold and middle hand small bet, and dont ever bluff (only cbet) and to crush this limit whit no problems.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Make it $0.45 on the flop and jam the turn. He only has slightly over 50bb, probably doesn't have QQ+, but he can have Tx a lot as well as pair+gutshot 76+86+T8+98+97 / OESD QJ+J8 / 2overs+gutshot KJ+KQ, and i likely forgot some. The point is he's rarely folding any of that unless you wait he misses everything to try and get the money in, so you need to set up the action so you can put him all-in when he still has a chance to improve.

As played it's gross, but there is so little money left compared to the size of the pot that i'd probably just put the rest in and hope he feels pot committed with some Tx, and correct the earlier streets the next time around.

Hope it helps.