[NL2-NL10] 33 Set on Turn NL10

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      villian has vpip/pfr/agg 18/8/2.0. was it a good fold? only range i put him on is sets or pocket 5s.
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $9.14
      MP2:
      $16.60
      MP3 (Hero):
      $10.00
      CO:
      $11.73
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $9.25
      BB:
      $4.04
      UTG1:
      $4.79
      UTG2:
      $9.20

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3, 3.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, CO calls $0.45, 4 folds.

Flop: ($1.15) 6, 4, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, CO calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.75) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00.

River: ($6.75) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $6.75, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.75.
  • 3 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think that fold was correct:
      You must pay 6.75 to win 13.5.
      Its to much and you dont have nuts here.
      Here may be any 5, any little pocet. Here may be also missed flush draw and he bluff, but in NL10 we cant be sure about anything, and you have weak set. If river bet is smaller, then call is ok. But NH, well played.

In NL10, there is much easyest places where we can get money!!!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

He won't have busted hearts that often and I don't think he bets Tx like that ever. Maybe JJ+ if he decided to flat preflop and "slowplay" them postflop, but I doubt he'd bet pot with them on the river either. 5x is very well within his range, so once you check I think folding to that huge bet is the correct play.

You might want to consider blockbet/folding something like $2 to get called again by Tx and prevent clueless villain from actually making a pot size bet with a worse made hand. Sometimes even minbetting is enough to prevent them from actually putting more money in, since raising is a lot different than betting when checked to.

Hope it helps.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

He won't have busted hearts that often and I don't think he bets Tx like that ever. Maybe JJ+ if he decided to flat preflop and "slowplay" them postflop, but I doubt he'd bet pot with them on the river either. 5x is very well within his range, so once you check I think folding to that huge bet is the correct play.

You might want to consider blockbet/folding something like $2 to get called again by Tx and prevent clueless villain from actually making a pot size bet with a worse made hand. Sometimes even minbetting is enough to prevent them from actually putting more money in, since raising is a lot different than betting when checked to.

Hope it helps.
      hi judge, thanks for your insightful reply yet again.:)