I do not know anymore how to play

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      I do not worry to much about this single hand or this single tournament but what I really concern is the fact that this trend has gone on for weeks and it's start affect my mind very deeply. In fact, I am very scared to seat and play as I have just play one game (the one I am just talking about in this thread) today as the thought to play poker make me shacking. :f_frown:
      I have been beaten with everything, even two AA and two KK (as many post around this forum may prove)

About this tournament, yes, the board was very scary and the best thing to do was to fold my JJ but I thought, it cannot be again, he cannot have a flush, not again

http://www.pelopoker.com/flashs/pelopoker_replayer_ptad.swf?id=1180469598&hostid=1000

instead, I was obviously so wrong! :s_cry:

It is the end of my time playing poker? ?(
  • 13 replies
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      misplayed imo, raise 4 bb preflop and bet bigger on the flop. keep learning =)

And just forget your "downswing", go watch some strategy videos instead.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      I am totally in tilt. I am posting on here with the hope that somebody with more experience then me, has passed a moment I am living at moment and he/she know what is going on in my mind when I play, so, may help with some useful advice. I am really do not need people tell me about my bad play as I can see myself. And please, if you have nothing better to say then "go a learn..." and stuff like that, do not reply to my thread and spend your time somewhere else.
      This is a forum where people asking for help and not to hear some prof make a funny comment!
      This is not the first time.
      I really would like some moderator help me as I am tired of prof come out with some brilliant answer like the friend above;
      I am talking about my glorious moment on my site!

Please, if some body else what say how bad I have played or that I need go and cry to my mum etc., avoid it because I really had enough of your all poker-pro.
      I am in tilt and I would like, if possible, if somebody has a good suggestion on how to pass over this bad moment.
      I had, again, miss-judge the situation and worth my tournament by call an evident losing bet

http://www.pelopoker.com/flashs/pelopoker_replayer_ptad.swf?id=1275198387&hostid=1000

all I can think when I am playing is: "it is impossible that he/she will overtaking me again.." and keep play wrongly. It is easy to say from outside what is right and wrong as I was doing the some by looking at other player game but now when I am playing it seem I cannot thinking straight anymore. If this is not downswing well what it should be?

There is some body that may understand the problem and come with some help or you are all pro super-judgmental and nothing else?
    • MaliSunSeT
      MaliSunSeT
      Bronze
      How can you call with T2s oop? =( And how can you call an all-in on the river on such a board? :(
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I doubt that it's a downswing, you are most likely just a losing player so if you want for it to end - get better.
      I know that this post will qualify as "all pro" comment to you, if so then just keep playing.
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK
      In fact, I am very scared to seat and play as I have just play one game (the one I am just talking about in this thread) today as the thought to play poker make me shacking.
      so don't play. take a break at least couple of days maybe a week.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      I notice with my immense surprise that my appeal has been totally misunderstood in full. At this point I would like apologise with the first friend that has reply to my opening post as I realise that his answer is in total harmony with other people and consequently, I must be the wrong one. Also, I must accept the fact that I am unable to express myself properly as another two gentle members have try to contribute in the some style. If I was just starting play poker and make move at table like the above one, yes, I agree with you all guys. The problem is that I have make some success in my last few months, nothing like Easlidor (or something like that, hope now you will not kill me to spell the name wrong :D ) $2.500,000 or better, but my little victories was tell me that I was going in the right decision. Lately, it seem that I cannot spot the right direction, even if later, by analyse my game, the mistake appear so simple and evident that make me believe, I am totally with my head bubbled. I have try to see if the symptom is recognize by more experienced players on the best school of poker that my knowledge assume; but all I can get back is your answer that in my opinion are far away from what I was looking for. I am glade that nobody have experience such confused moment as I am very happy for you all and much less for myself. Also, I must assume that, probably, my English or my expressive language is so bad to avoid me to sent out the right message. But more then that, there is the awareness of the fact that unfortunately this forum cannot answer at some of my question as probably I manifest drown-symptom never seem before.
      So, as consequence of what I have just said, I will drop it now and hope with the pray and the trust in God that I may found an answer by myself or simple, by miracles self-recovery. Thank you all anyway, hope you all the best, take care and good luck at the table. :heart:
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      A few words on Downswings
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pinnryder
      A few words on Downswings
      Woa! Which great post. Exactly what I was need in this moment. As, in my case it is not right just bad luck but the negative influence that a few bad bet had on my emotions, I found your post something near a status poem for the matter in question. Thank you very much for the time to post me a link.
      Obviously, I re,treat what I have said previously and I am glade that somebody has a time to understand and not just to laugh or wrongly judge.
      Thank you, once again, very much! :heart:
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      No problem..
      Try to improve your game. Have you thought about a private coaching with one of the coaches from this site? Even if you are an experienced player it always helps to get some opinions from people who make a living with poker (it's probably not true for all of the coaches but anyway.. ;) )
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pinnryder
      No problem..
      Try to improve your game. Have you thought about a private coaching with one of the coaches from this site? Even if you are an experienced player it always helps to get some opinions from people who make a living with poker (it's probably not true for all of the coaches but anyway.. ;) )
      Thanks again! Yes, I have considerate to have a private coaching as I am already in touch with a coach (same site but Italian version). At moment, as I was try to explain in this thread, I m dealing with my emotions and with the incapacity to keep away the tilting and the influence on the game (as you may see in my call with a marginal hand T2 on a very scary/dangerous board). At moment I must learn, before the game, how to deal with a rational mind. :f_cool:
      Anyway, I really appriciate your time and attention and hope that one day I may return the same courtesy. :spade:
      All the best :heart:
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      yes
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi kiromanAAKK,

Sorry to hear about the way poker is making you feel, but one of the most important things in poker is not letting emotions rule your game.
      Thinking thoughts like "he cannot have a flush, not again" isn't good for you.
      You shouldn't play any hand with negative thoughts in your mind. Play based on what information you have.

Eg.
      JJ, You raised on his BB so he has odds to call quite wide.

He checked the flop, and called when you bet.
      -Imo usually a sign of weakness. Most players holding a ten would show aggression.

On the turn when he checks, betting to protect/for value is a good plan, most the time you are ahead.
      But when he re-raises you all in, think. Is your hand still good? What could they be holding?
      -A flush, two pair or a set? All likely possibilities.
      -A flush draw, straight draw or a pair? All possible.

Now your reads are important!
      -Do they mostly call bets? If so then this sudden aggression means you are most likely beat.
      -Have you seen them play draws aggressively? If so, you could be ahead.

Ok so that seems like a lot to swallow! But simply making notes; paying attention to your opponents and labeling them, can make it a lot easier.

Remember, every move is a piece of information, so take your time to think each action through.

I hope this helps, but the only way to truely improve your game is to study regularly. I also reccomend reading through the Psychology Articles to work on your state of mind and attitude towards the game.

Best of luck to you.

Regards,
      Sarah
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK
      I do not worry to much about this single hand or this single tournament but what I really concern is the fact that this trend has gone on for weeks and it's start affect my mind very deeply. In fact, I am very scared to seat and play as I have just play one game (the one I am just talking about in this thread) today as the thought to play poker make me shacking. :f_frown:
      I have been beaten with everything, even two AA and two KK (as many post around this forum may prove)(
      You should never to force yourself to play when in the wrong mindset. Beginning a session with a knot in your belly anticipating bad things happening in a definite no-no. If you want to do something poker related at those moments then watch a video, read some strategy, and most importantly review your play so that you can understand what happened in the last sessions that got you on tilt in the first place and work on your game and on your psychology. Once you're back in the right mindset then u can play again.