Stack
      Hero:
      $5.15
      BB:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $6.59

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , J:heart:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.08, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.24, BB calls $0.20, CO calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.72) T:diamond: , J:club: , 3:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.56, BB folds, CO raises to $1.12, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.40

maybe i should've called the flop , and re-evaluate on the turn . But i don't know what he would've played like that , maybe an overpair ... or maybe some suited connectors , suited facecards . i thought folding is the better option... :f_frown:
  • 3 replies
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      I believe this is very bad. You raised AJ and hit TPTK and were ready to fold that, so why did you even 3bet preflop then? If you think this flop isn't good for you fold preflop.
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Hello.
      Flop folding is bad here. You might shove.
      This limit is full of idiots.
      You can be sure only for one hand when he dont have: hand what you have.
      Ok for seriously now.
      So min. raise in pf, dont mean anything, you raise here, good so on.
      Flop is good for you. You hit TPTK.
      So you cbet, i think it might be bigger, since you have 2 opponents and its very drawy heavy. Pot size bet would be OK!
      So Co raised you, here you should go broke, because CO may possible have:
      AJ, JK, JQ, JT, JJ, J9, AT, TT, KQ, AQ, Q9, 33. And tons of suited cubs.
      Only hands what can beat you now: TT, JJ, 33, TJ.
      Dont think that he have QQ, KK , AA, AK, because these hand in this limit, they 4bet.
      So hands what beat you vs, hands what dont beat you:
      4 vs. 9 + many lower suited connectiors (8c9c is possible, also 7c8c is possible). And these 9 hands what dont beat you have everyone lot of variantes, like KQ = KsKs, KsKc, KsKh, KsKd, KcKc, KcKh, KcKd, KhKh, KhKd, KdKd, it is 10 possible variant... oh its going long... you get point.
      Most of times you see here some draw. In this limit, they dont know anything about pot odds and outs, so when they have gutshot, then they go all in flop. So go all-in here and when you are beten then it is just so, next time you are not. When he have KK or AA, make note, that he slowplay preflop it (min. raise) And go on. If you dont take value situations like this, you lose your money.

The situation vs this very big range is 60:40 for you.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree, tho I see players play bigger pairs like that somewhat often, his range should still be wide enough in that spot that you mostly want to go broke. I'm pretty tight overall and even I can't fold that :=p

If we just call out of position we'll basically give him 2 cheap cards to hit with his wide drawing range while still getting stacked by a better made hand barring a read he never bets anything less than two pairs again on a blank turn, which you can't have. So the best play is just to accept the fact that we'll lose some of time, but it's still a profitable 3bet/call.

Hope it helps.