$3.82
      MP2:
      $5.22
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $27.35

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.17, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.36) 4, 5, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($0.96) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, MP3 raises to $9.53(All-In), Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.76.

Preflop I just called, because I dont like reraising out of position.
      Flop is standard.
      Now the turn is interesting. When I saw that 200 BB shove I was like "WTF?" and didnt know what to do. I am behind 44, 55, QQ, AA and KK (which i think he would reraise on the flop) and thats it. Its all crazy, who would go all in this deep for value? But I didnt want to risk 200 BB with just TPTK and all those draws on the board. Maybe he had something like TJ spades or AJ spades.
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well you can c/r on that flop because there are some worse kings that might call you, some PPs, some draws.
      When you really put him on a draw why dont you call?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Just 3-bet it anyway and learn from whatever happens. Flatting out of position is usually a lot less profitable than 3-betting in general, increasingly so as you move up in stakes because people get more aggressive in position and it's a pain in the ass to play check/call guessing games with hands that miss the flop 2/3 of the time. You usually need some deeper postflop plan than that to turn a profit overall, most of which involves check/calling flops light and bluffing rivers when villain checks back the turn or having a wide check/raising range, both of which are less effective at micros because people just aren't folding near enough.

When you decide to call, why would donk out on such a dry board? He has nothing and will c-bet with his nothing very often, there is no point in playing AK like that if you're gonna telegraph the strength of your hand when you do it. It's fine against very passive players tho, but i see nothing so far indicating he's one of these, looks like a tag to me up to the flop.

As played on the turn KQ also "makes sense". Without reads i'm also just folding for that price. Beware tho, the fact that you put "all those draws on the board" in his range means you should be more inclined to call, not fold. I get the impression from what you wrote that you think it's bad for your hand, it's not.

Hope it helps.