[NL2-NL10] NL10 Extract value with quads

• Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($11.25)
      UTG ($10)
      MP ($14.20)
      CO ($10.15)
      Button ($8.75)
      Hero (SB) ($15.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 3
      2 folds, CO bets $0.40, Button calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.30) J, 3, 3 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.90, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.10) 10 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.30, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold

Total pot: $5.70 | Rake: $0.25

Villain:
      vpip/pfr/3bet/AF/hands
      25/20/0/3.5/46

I often find myself with monster hands OOP and find it hard to extract value from it.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well, doesn't everyone? That's one of the reasons why playing out of position is a lot harder than playing in position, you can't extract value anywhere near as well as you can in position.

That being said I think you got about as much value as he could give you on that board. I wouldn't count on him 3-barreling nor betting again on the river with less than KJ, so i also usually just raise the turn and hope he can't lay down whatever he has. Alternate line would be to check/raise the flop even those you have the board crushed and it's 3-way. He looks like a decently loose tag so far, he might think you're just full of it on that board and do something like 3-bet garbage or call you down lighter. Who knows. Certainly hard to get money either way, don't sweat it, sometimes they just don't have anything.

His smallish bet and fold to the raise on the turn are somewhat interesting especially if he folded fast, maybe he was trying to barrel you for cheap there.

Hope it helps.