Stack
      UTG1:
      $3,86
      MP1:
      $5,60
      Hero:
      $3,76

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0,04, MP1 calls $0,04, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,24, 4 folds, UTG1 calls $0,20, MP1 calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,78) 2:diamond: , 3:heart: , J:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0,48, UTG1 folds, MP1 raises to $1,66, Hero calls $1,18.

Turn: ($4,10) 8:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $2,05, Hero raises to $1,86 (All-In).

River: ($8,01) 2:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $8,01

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of deuces (Ad Qh)
      MP1 shows two pairs, jacks and deuces (Js Td)

MP1 wins with two pairs, jacks and deuces (Js Td)

I knew he was bad,and he caught something on the flop...but his limping and check raising seamed like a bluff and with two overcards i decided to play on.The turn i think i should have release my hand...maybe even the flop wasn't good thinking back :f_confused:
      What do you think?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Flop isn't horrible if he's insane but you do have to think about it differently. You're putting in half your stack so you're committed to calling a turn shove on most cards, you are not playing for your overcard outs. You're playing AQ-high for value thinking he's just full of shit with air enough of the time, and you have some outs the times you're wrong.

30/15/1.9 player doesn't especially strike me as somebody who would pull that kind of stuff all that often, and even if he's bad he might actually be turning a better hand like 55 into a bluff, which is no good for our AQ-high. I don't think it's worth the call down, so I'd just fold the flop. On the turn as played i'm calling, nothing got there, he was doing that with air or a flushdraw we're likely still ahead and that's why we called on the flop, so folding would be bad in my opinion.

Hope it helps.