Is it ok to multi-table and barely pay attention to the games?

• Asaf92
      Asaf92
      Bronze
      When i play, many times i stop watching the screens and start browsing the internet for a brief email check or something.
      As a matter of fact, i multitable right now and i am more busy in writing in these forums.
      It seems that regardless of my "reads" and notes i take on 1$ sng players, i always play the same according to the chart.

Is it normal? :P
  • 15 replies
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Yeah, feel free to do that. From time to times it is good idea to pay attention to every hand and think what they had though.
      Bronze
      If you are finding yourself bored and able to do other things very easily I would suggest adding more
      tables to your sets. Use that extra time to make more $$$ by getting in more games. Just a thought.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      on low-mid stakes if you have a strong ICM game your reads might earn you an extra 1-2% ROI but you can do very well just being a robot. most of the sng pros play like this
    • Asaf92
      Asaf92
      Bronze
      Well now i have Tournament Indicator so it doesn't bother me that much that i don't pay attention to the players :P
    • xmarukox
      xmarukox
      Bronze
      haha...u r rite...

i decided not looking at every hand 2...

more efficient...haha

seem most likely is....emotional problem...too boring 2 bet on gabbage cards...haha

:f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 8979687
      If you are finding yourself bored and able to do other things very easily I would suggest adding more
      tables to your sets. Use that extra time to make more $$$ by getting in more games. Just a thought.
      +1
    • Asaf92
      Asaf92
      Bronze
      Btw... the Tournament indicator was only a demo, i don't have it anymore.
      And right now i multi-table 4 tables and barely look at the first 3 levels, and than i'm more focused but my decisions are still very quick and instant.
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      Originally posted by Asaf92
      And right now i multi-table 4 tables and barely look at the first 3 levels, and than i'm more focused but my decisions are still very quick and instant.
      Then you should be definitely playing 10+ tables instead of 4
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      There is being a multi tabler and being a good multi tabler ;)

Most people multi tabling are playing a robotic style and sure that is fine and can yeild some good results, but what will set you apart from the rest is being able to multi table and not play like a robot.

When tables are constantly popping up in your face it can be hard to do but you have more time than you realise. Take a few seconds to think through what has happened in the hand and what would be a good line to take.
      Sure you tables will start to back up from doing this but most of the time you will have standard folds for the next 5 tables.

Obviously you will never play as well as you could if you were only playing 4 tables and watching every hand but thats what the last hand btn is for ;)
      If you find you are playing a hand against someone who won a big pot or lost a big pot then quickly check the hand history to see how that happened. Now you have a good read on the player you are playing a pot with.
    • Effanongen
      Effanongen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac

When tables are constantly popping up in your face it can be hard to do but you have more time than you realise. Take a few seconds to think through what has happened in the hand and what would be a good line to take.
      If you honestly think you have *a few seconds* to think through when playing 50 tables, sure :) I'm sure you meant this applied to low count multitablers.
    • shurshka
      shurshka
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Effanongen

If you honestly think you have *a few seconds* to think through when playing 50 tables, sure :) I'm sure you meant this applied to low count multitablers.
      Do you have any advice on multitabling 50? I play about 20 tables usually, when i played 25 it was too much for me - tables started to go on Im back and then i cant get them back from sitout...Well i can, but it takes me like 5min of bad play on other tables, to get them back - it sux.
      You play tile style or full screen? How do you get tables back from sitout without damaging other tables? Any other advice maybe?

thank you very much
    • PokerAddict36
      PokerAddict36
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shurshka
      Originally posted by Effanongen

Do you have any advice on multitabling 50? I play about 20 tables usually, when i played 25 it was too much for me - tables started to go on Im back and then i cant get them back from sitout...Well i can, but it takes me like 5min of bad play on other tables, to get them back - it sux.
      You play tile style or full screen? How do you get tables back from sitout without damaging other tables? Any other advice maybe?

thank you very much
      Sir, you need Table Ninja, it will press the Im Back button for you.

Should pump up your roi :)
    • gormless
      gormless
      Silver
      Off-topic, but I don't see how you can enjoy mass mass multitabling. I mean 50 tables is insane. Surely playing that many tables it stops being fun, and is just hard work.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sk345di
      Originally posted by Asaf92
      Then you should be definitely playing 10+ tables instead of 4
      well, that would depend on what his roi has been while 4 tabling imo.

as for mass multitabling:

-get more computer monitors
      -get table ninja

Ive got two 19" monitors which I intend to use. I'm not a heavy multitabler, but I hope to 10 table with this ( up from 4 tables).

tiling FTP games accross a 19"screen which has been rotated so that the longest dimension is from top to bottom allows you to to play a lot more tables without wasting monitor space I notice. its kinda hard to do this unless you have a tweakable monitor stand though.
    • Mrt1989
      Mrt1989
      Bronze
      I play turbo DoN s , and i always seem to be bored and surf internet , at the beginning theres not much hands to play. (only KK+ or limping with pairs maybe)