some questions about sss

• lukastanx
      lukastanx
      Bronze
      I have now about 130 strategy points, and i have lost about 20$. I play NL10, 20BB buy in

I play almost strictly to the rules ob sss, maybe i have broken them few times and i was almost everytime punished, but this not following to the rules costed me about 5$.

I wait for the good hand raise as I should and I usually don't get any action. if i get called i am either dominated or in a coin flip, rarely i am i good position

So I am begining to question myself and tactics:

1. It looks to me that big stack opponents know sss and they dont call my raises unless have a good hand.

2.They push me out from bb with min.raise, I was just sticking to the rules and folding, was this ok?

3.Do they follow betting speed at this level, should I stop using auto check/fold?

4. Or is it just bad luck and downswing

I think it is only downswing and a little bit of steaming, but cause of the losses I am not sureand I just would like to get some feedback from more experienced players
  • 4 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      few tips in general:

1) in daytime games it's very hard to make good profit with SSS because they are generally much tighter than games at nighttime.

2) choose tables with as few other SSS players as possible. Also, if I raise, let's say, 5 times, and didn't get any action at all I just usually leave the table and find a new one. Seek for tables with low hands/hour rate and high average potsize, those are the most profitable for SSS.

about bigstacks pushing you around. If you see same villain doing it many times you can push him back with longer handrange (like pocket 7s or better) but maybe it's better in the beginning you don't do this.

gl, hope this helps :)
    • Xzorius
      Xzorius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lukastanx
      I have now about 130 strategy points, and i have lost about 20$. I play NL10, 20BB buy in

I play almost strictly to the rules ob sss, maybe i have broken them few times and i was almost everytime punished, but this not following to the rules costed me about 5$.

I wait for the good hand raise as I should and I usually don't get any action. if i get called i am either dominated or in a coin flip, rarely i am i good position

So I am begining to question myself and tactics:

1. It looks to me that big stack opponents know sss and they dont call my raises unless have a good hand.

2.They push me out from bb with min.raise, I was just sticking to the rules and folding, was this ok?

3.Do they follow betting speed at this level, should I stop using auto check/fold?

4. Or is it just bad luck and downswing

I think it is only downswing and a little bit of steaming, but cause of the losses I am not sureand I just would like to get some feedback from more experienced players
      I don't know if you already do this, but you should post your hands on the sample hand board: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/wbb_en/board.php?boardid=1436.

People will give you tips and feedback that will help you in the future.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi lukastanx!

I recommend that you watch our coachings and that you post your hands in our sample hands board - as Xzorius already mentioned. This way you can improve your game a lot because other users will identify possible mistakes which you can avoid in the future.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      might as well put a question in this thread instead of making a new one:

What is a resonable winrate with the SSS (on NL25 in my case)?