NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.05)
      BB ($10.32)
      UTG ($20.24)
      UTG+1 ($34.35)
      Hero ($16.44)
      BTN ($7.85)

Dealt to Hero T:club: T:heart:

UTG raises to $0.35, UTG+1 calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, fold, fold, BB calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.45) J:spade: T:diamond: Q:heart:

BB checks, UTG bets $1.10, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $1.10, BB folds

TURN ($3.65) J:spade: T:diamond: Q:heart: 4:spade:

UTG bets $2.30, Hero calls $2.30

RIVER ($8.25) J:spade: T:diamond: Q:heart: 4:spade: 3:diamond:

UTG bets $5,

Villain was 18/16/2.0/125h with high W$@SD.

I really didn't know what to do. JJ+, AK must be big part of his range, but I can't really fold to the c-bet. Line ok? What do I do on the river?
  • 3 replies
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      In my opinion you could squeeze preflop coz you have position on both of them and TT is good enough for 3betting @ SH.
      Raise his bet on the flop definetley to know where you stand and not let hime get a cheap turn card if he has like gutshot or OESD. He might aswell have two pair and set. Hmm if you raise on the flop you might be folding against a TAG I guess. Tough decision.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Huseens
      a.In my opinion you could squeeze preflop coz you have position on both of them and TT is good enough for 3betting @ SH.

b.Raise his bet on the flop definetley to know where you stand and not let hime get a cheap turn card if he has like gutshot or OESD. He might aswell have two pair and set.

c.Hmm if you raise on the flop you might be folding against a TAG I guess. Tough decision.
      I'll leave that thread for tamairlarace's judging. I have some comments tho:

a. Unless you are planning on playing for stacks I don't like to squeeze/fold to a 4bet with a strong hand like TT.

b. Your reasoning for raising it not good. we don't raise just to get information. we need to have better reasons which mostly are - get him to call with worser hands (value bet) and get him to fold better hands. (bluff bet)

c. I don't like to raise/fold bottom set. we have to much equity to fold our hand. either call or raise/call but I'll never raise/fold 160bb deep bottom set.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by maya1984:

a. unless you are planning on playing for stacks I don't like to sqz./fold to a 4bet with a strong hand like TT.

b. your reasoning for raising it not good. we don't raise just to get information. we need to have better reasons which mostly are - get him to call with worser hands (value bet) and get him to fold better hands. (bluff bet)

c. I don't like to raise/fold bottom set. we have to much equity to fold our hand. either call or raise/call but I'll never raise/fold 160bb deep bottom set.
      I agree overall. I likely wouldn't squeeze preflop with 160bb, we might as well do that will A3o instead of nearly turning TT into a bluff against a tight UTG raiser.

As played i'm definitely not folding on the flop, but raising is dicey given the stacks and UTG's range that smashes that flop. On the one hand we might let BB in with some naked Kx crap that might out draw us. On the other hand UTG should be strong there and he probably has some of the A/K "outs" of BB covered. All-in-all in like you just calling.

And as played i'm calling down, I don't think he bets JJ/QQ that small on the turn. KK+/AQ+ would be my range for him, ad we can't get away for with those odds when we beat most of that. NH.

Hope it helps.