[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Qq

• amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      SB is a fish. BB is a nit. Do i really need to bet for protection on this flop? I mean it is so damn dry apart basically from the gutshot draws and a worse set pulling 1 outer. And because it is so dry I think although I am betting for value, it is better to try and let them catch up?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):
      $12.23
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $2.05
      SB:
      $15.07
      BB:
      $10.38
      MP2:
      $10.96

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, Q.
      MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, SB calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($1.15) 2, 4, Q (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.15) 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.70, Hero raises to $2.00, SB raises to $14.72, BB calls $9.33, Hero calls $9.88(All-In).

River: ($37.78) T (3 players)

Final Pot: $37.78.
  • 2 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Hello,

There is some logical point,
      but as you say, that SB is fish, so you must get value for fish, they pay off anything and they call preflop also whit anything. Here may be A3, A5, even 35, here may be whatever hand. And as you know that one of your oponents is fish, they bet for value, and bet big, you have nuts (in flop about 2/3+ pot size).
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree with betting regardless.

BB is a nit and he's stuck in-between you and a fish, most likely he has some pocket pair, air or a Q and he's not going to get out of line or even valuebet less than Qx ever unless he spikes a 2-outer. If he has Qx+ he's calling you anyway.

Depending on how aggressive SB is he might or might not bluff at you a lot, that said most fish biggest leaks are calling too much so it's a fair bet that you're better off exploiting them that way by default.

As played on the turn it's fine we can't fold top set, BB would play lower sets like that and probably doesn't have a straight too often since he's a nit, even with the fish in the pot most nits don't adapt near enough and overcard with way a too tight range. I have no idea what SB is doing, but since he's a fish, no reason for us to fold either.

Hope it helps.