Grindrolls

• howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      So I did pretty well in the grindrolls, not quite making up for last week's $1k losses level, but a $62.50, a $25 and an iPod ($360) ain't half bad, although I couldn't face playing on friday so I didn't get into the big one (235 entrants and $27.6k prize pool, great value).

How'd everyone else do, and if you won an "iPod" or "Wii", do you understand this whole "frozen deposit" business they apparently use to pay you? ;)
  • 15 replies
    • Ohmu
      Ohmu
      Bronze
      Gratz on the iPod! :) Couldn't agree more with you on that $20k Grindroll, but for me it's just out of reach :/
      I did badly on the $2000-$5000 grindrolls, but got $30 from the $7500 one (Althouh I wanted a Wii ;) )

About those frozen deposits... If you want that iPod to be sent to you you need to send a mail to Party. And if you don't in a week that frozen deposit will become unfrozen :)

From The Grind T&C's:
      12. Qualifying Players who win an iPod, Wii and/or Mini Convertible shall have the appropriate cash amount (as indicated below) credited as a ‘frozen’ deposit in their Player Account. If within seven (7) days of such deposit, the Qualifying Player does not send an email to yourgrindprize@partypoker.com specifically requesting to receive the relevant prize instead, the cash equivalent shall become unfrozen and the Qualifying Player shall receive that as a prize instead. Such emails must contain the Qualifying Player’s PartyPoker username, address details and a contact telephone number. The cash equivalents of the prizes shall be as follows:

Wii - $400
      iPod - $360
      Mini Convertible - $40,000
    • kexix
      kexix
      Bronze
      played in the 7.5k/5k/3.5k and 2.5k i think; only went deep in the 5k (1500entrants or smthing) and i busted out on place 32 with top 20 getting an ipod and ft a Wii

congratz on the Ipod btw
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      You must've busted a few minutes before me in the 5k, I busted at 30 after losing all but a few chips on AQ (me) vs K5 (lucky bastard... though I ran great on all ins in that one... except for set vs straight at the beginning). Nearly had the same fate in the 7.5k, had a series of miracles keeping me from busting out (I was the short stack much of the time) during the half hour or so it took for 25 players to become 20 (then I busted with AT vs JT at 20 :D ). Probably should've stolen more (like... at all), but I overestimated how willing big stacks would be to pick me off. Work needed on short stack bubble play... not that you normally get such an extreme reluctance to risk chips outside of a satellite.

I knew about the wait 7 days things, just kind of expected I'd see it as a restricted balance in my account or something.
    • kexix
      kexix
      Bronze
      had a pretty decent run myself in the 5k was almost always below avg stackd and got lucky with my J8s > JJ and KQ > 1010; my last hand was maybe a mistake with the button going all in for 45k with 8/16k blinds and i(84k stack) call in the sb with A10o and lost vs 88 and than they folded to me on the button and i shoved with 109o and got called by A2 and lost

In the other grindrolls i was pretty unlucky getting busted with my KK vs QQ and my QQ vs A10

ps; what's your screenname? maybe we were at the same table :p
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      It's the same as my username here, so I guess not.

Can't understand people who play MTTs professionally, they're far too stressful compared to cash games and sngs, especially if they distribute a large amount of the prize pool at a specific level.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

Great job! I hope that we can celebrate some final tables next week! An ipod plus some cash isn't that bad, isn't it howard? ;)

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Generally did fine, but no wii nor ipod:(
      2k freeroll my kings were cracked by jacks:( - finished top 50
      3,5 k freeroll my queens met aces- barely came to the money
      5 k freeroll. kings cracked by J4s. Moved all-in flop 653, he made runner-runner flush:)
      7,5 k freeroll. Finished 64th. My 99 met aces. Player with aces limped BU. I should have known that he was slowplaying monster, but when M is 3, then it isn´t much choise there.
      Generally+48$ isn´t bad for 4,5 hours playing:P
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      played the 3 lowest and ended with a +16,5$.. could have been worse :) But aiming for 3 FT's this week :)
    • altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      I qualified for 4 but missed all of them. argh! Oh well, if my luck is anything like it is in the PP tournies, I'd have lost anyway :D
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      I hope you do not miss the next 4 freerolls. I want someone from our site at the final table! Go go go :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      No final table from this member, sorry :D
    • Ohmu
      Ohmu
      Bronze
      Ahh, finished 52nd in the $3.5k grindroll. From the other 3 I dropped out quite in the beginning :/
      Luckily those tournament books are on their way from amazon.com :) maybe next time...
    • kexix
      kexix
      Bronze
      2k:out of the money
      3.5k: 13 (42$)
      5k: 173(10$)
      7.5k: 298 (10$)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

That was close. Kexix's 13th place almost counts as a final table. Anyway: good job from all of you. Hope that we can celebrate some final tables in the near future.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      I missed the first two, again. And only finished ITM in the 7,5k (~137th).