How to play heads up

• Zukes
      Zukes
      Bronze
      I've been playing the micro limit SNGs on Full Tilt and I've found that when I get to heads up (or even 3 handed) the blinds are rarely high enough to play push/fold. The blind levels on FT just don't go up fast enough and I have no idea how I should be playing at this point. Are there any suggestions for heads up play when the blinds are low relative to stack sizes? Or should I just being playing push/fold according to ICM regardless?
  • 3 replies
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      +1
      Any ideas, people?
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      1. if you are playing normal speed games consider switching to turbos. the turbo structure in FT will get you to PF usually about 7-5 handed depending on the tightness of the table.

note: there are other benefits to switching to turbos (more games/hr = more rakeback etc.)

if you feel you have a strong ICM game i strongly suggest switching to turbos. (the variance will be a little bit higher but you wont have to worry so much about deepish stack play late stage like normal speeds)

2. if you want to play normal speeds i suggest practicing your steal/resteals + post flop play (try reading some MTT articles for deeper stack suggestions)

3. post trouble hands on the forums. there is a very strong community of sng players on ps.com who are always more than willing to help.
    • Zukes
      Zukes
      Bronze
      Thanks