This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How to play heads up

• Zukes
      Zukes
      Bronze
      I've been playing the micro limit SNGs on Full Tilt and I've found that when I get to heads up (or even 3 handed) the blinds are rarely high enough to play push/fold. The blind levels on FT just don't go up fast enough and I have no idea how I should be playing at this point. Are there any suggestions for heads up play when the blinds are low relative to stack sizes? Or should I just being playing push/fold according to ICM regardless?
  • 3 replies
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      +1
      Any ideas, people?
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      1. if you are playing normal speed games consider switching to turbos. the turbo structure in FT will get you to PF usually about 7-5 handed depending on the tightness of the table.

note: there are other benefits to switching to turbos (more games/hr = more rakeback etc.)

if you feel you have a strong ICM game i strongly suggest switching to turbos. (the variance will be a little bit higher but you wont have to worry so much about deepish stack play late stage like normal speeds)

2. if you want to play normal speeds i suggest practicing your steal/resteals + post flop play (try reading some MTT articles for deeper stack suggestions)

3. post trouble hands on the forums. there is a very strong community of sng players on ps.com who are always more than willing to help.
    • Zukes
      Zukes
      Bronze
      Thanks