NL5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 200 so on..

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      anyone who actually climbed the ranks care to share what are the characteristics of NL5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 200 and so on? what are the potential pitfalls in each limits and how can we prepare for each limit?

p.s. i dont demand an essay answer, just hope to get a personal perspective from someone who has been there and done that so chillax if you dont answer my question :tongue: thanks for the response so far!
  • 8 replies
    • qakaripodon
      qakaripodon
      Bronze
      U'll have more GAMBLERS on higher limits (100,200 ^^) then on 10,25,50.. :)

believe it or not, i mean, which ever fish that deposits like 200$ ain't gon play on nl25..they will just hop in nl100 cz thats what they FEEL LIKe :s_biggrin: .. and usually ppl on nl10,25,50 even if they are not that good, they try to improve nowadays, reading stuff getting better...
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      ^^lol no
    • iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      Depends on whether your talking about short handed or full ring. Also trends change quite regularly and nothing stays soft long. Right now 100nl on FR you find a lot of loose passive fish at certain times of the day, whereas 200nl is much less loose players with is fairly condensed with regulars at just about anytime of the day, barr AM Eastern times at the weekends, nothing better than drunk Americans.

It's hard to answer a question quite so vague. The players turn from loose passive to tight aggressive the more money is involved, but you will always find fish as well as good players at any of the limits mentioned if you look hard enough. One other thing is that generally i find 100nl you'll find the biggest variety of players. A lot of tourny/SNG players like to hit the 100nl tables as they feel paying a dollar 50c aint much for a round of cards and so start there even with only a few hundred in their roll, tilt them and they could be saying goodbye bankroll. Also the people that slam in 100$ once every while, if they dont play SNGs then they are most likely going to the 100nl tables with their whole BR. These type of players are much more attracted to the 100nl than the 50nl tables and i would say its safe to say its fishier. Apart from that its just the normal ascending difficulty.

Doesn't answer the question all that well but hope it helps
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      i must say it gets a bit toughter from NL10 - NL25 - NL50 but then it gets notoriously soft on NL100 like NL10 again. dunno why really.

PS i dont play on FT or pokerstars
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      thanks for the great input guys, would love to hear more, especially from the perspective on the player himself than on his opponents, e.g. fr NL5 to NL10, i had to play looser and pick better bluff spots as players are more aggressive.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Idk at what site ant what forms of poker you get softer games as you move up but i seriously want to know it ASAP!

From my experience with full tilt (6max) it's nl5 - nl50 super soft, nl100+ quite a lot of regs who grind the stakes for fuck knows how long and are happy making anything from 30k to 100k/yr. Obv they aren't great otherwise they'd move up, and there are still plenty of fish if u table select well but comparing nl100 to nl10 is just lol.
    • PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      thanks for the great input guys, would love to hear more, especially from the perspective on the player himself than on his opponents, e.g. fr NL5 to NL10, i had to play looser and pick better bluff spots as players are more aggressive.
      Don't bluff at nl10. You have no idea how much crap they some players call 3-barrels with. In my experience bluffing at this stake is extremly -EV
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      exactly the reason why you run the HUD. :f_biggrin: