[NL2-NL10] TQs squeeze pot NL10

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      his shove to me is a sign of not having the flush, probably on nut flush draw, or "protecting" his AA/KK. his stats is unknown. is my call the right play?
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $4.20
      BB:
      $10.97
      UTG1:
      $10.00
      UTG2:
      $3.65
      MP1:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $10.35
      MP3 (Hero):
      $10.00
      CO:
      $7.99

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, Q.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, 3 folds, BB raises to $1.30, MP1 calls $1.20, Hero calls $0.85.

Flop: ($3.95) J, 9, K (3 players)
      BB bets $9.67, MP1 folds, Hero calls $8.70.

Turn: ($22.32) 8 (2 players)

River: ($22.32) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $22.32.
  • 9 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Hi,

Being 100bb deep I'd fold QTs even if MP1 called. reverse implied odds is probably the best explanation.

As played I'd call with a str8. his range has enough hands which are not made flushes to give us enough equity to make the call.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      hi judge, thanks for your advise. may i know when do we consider reverse implied pot odds and when do we consider implied pot odds? would calling down be ok if i had suited conectors of T9 and below? or what are the considerations? thank you
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      hi judge, thanks for your advise. may i know when do we consider reverse implied pot odds and when do we consider implied pot odds? would calling down be ok if i had suited conectors of T9 and below? or what are the considerations? thank you

The problem with this hand is spots when you flop a TP hand. You have to calldown bets when your kicker sucks when villain can have a better kicker or even an overpair. A hand like 67s-T9 is easier to play since it's easier to you to fold postflop when you don't hit a monster.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      hi, thank you for your advise!

like other smaller suited connectors, i do not have the intention of playing TP, only possible straights, flushes and abvove. please advise if this is acceptable?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      sorry forget to "Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread"
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze

like other smaller suited connectors, i do not have the intention of playing TP, only possible straights, flushes and abvove. please advise if this is acceptable?
      so you plan on folding on 27Qr board?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maya1984

given the positional advantage, i will float against a bet smaller than pot size on the flop, hoping to get to the showdown cheap as well as get a free card if opponent checks on turn and hope that that i hit dubs trips or backdoorflush, which is unlikely.
      i intend to fold if any further aggression is shown as 22, 77, QQ, KK, AA, AQ are all in his range that got me beat, and im willing to get bluffed out on the river.

in an unlikely event that the oppent checks, i will check behind and hope to check it down. however if opponent bets on the turn if no overcards(A or K) appear on the turn, i will call his bet (smaller than pot size) down and fold to excess aggression on the river.

please advise on my line of play, thank you so much
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maya1984

given the positional advantage, i will float against a bet smaller than pot size on the flop, hoping to get to the showdown cheap as well as get a free card if opponent checks on turn and hope that that i hit dubs trips or backdoorflush, which is unlikely.
      i intend to fold if any further aggression is shown as 22, 77, QQ, KK, AA, AQ are all in his range that got me beat, and im willing to get bluffed out on the river.

in an unlikely event that the oppent checks, i will check behind and hope to check it down. however if opponent bets on the turn if no overcards(A or K) appear on the turn, i will call his bet (smaller than pot size) down and fold to excess aggression on the river.

please advise on my line of play, thank you so much
      Lets start with the fact hat if your opponent bets twice on a 3bet pot 100bb deep you and him are committed to the pot so calling flop and the turn and folding the river is a bad idea.
      Most people will call at least one bet and fold a to anther bet on the turn while we don't expect a reg to fire two barrels in a 3bet pot with out a real hand.
      My advice is to fold preflop to avoid those marginal spots . (trying to explain the idea behind reverse implied odds)
      I'd me more prone to call pre with suited connectors and small pp which has high implied odds (and low reverse)
      hope it helped. gl.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      ok thanks alot maya! will work on it!