TURN ($1.85) 8:heart: Q:spade: T:diamond: 3:club:

Hero bets $1, UTG+1 raises to $4, Hero folds

Villain is 20/12/5.6/262hands

3-bet pre? And how is turnplay?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Don't 3bet pre. 3betting a tight UTG player is super strong and you will never get called by worse hands.

Folding here is also an option since you don't have great equity vs his range and are OOP.

Turn: I don't mind it. Check/call is also viable, but I feel a lot of players at Nl10 won't value bet stuff like QK, QJs enough here. So you will prob be against a very strong range if you check and he bets again. But if you bet he can call with a lot of worse stuff.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Don't 3bet pre. 3betting a tight UTG player is super strong and you will never get called by worse hands.

Folding here is also an option since you don't have great equity vs his range and are OOP.

Turn: I don't mind it. Check/call is also viable, but I feel a lot of players at Nl10 won't value bet stuff like QK, QJs enough here. So you will prob be against a very strong range if you check and he bets again. But if you bet he can call with a lot of worse stuff.
      I'm never folding AQ in that spot, i tend to agree with the rest. I usually make it bigger if I donk out on the turn, tho not so big that weakish pair+gutshot hands can't call. More along the lines of $1.2.

I'm folding to the turn raise, i very much doubt that particular villain is raising there with worse, tho I'd be more confident in this if the bet was $1.2.

Hope it helps.