$53.58
      MP2:
      $28.53
      MP3:
      $25.00
      CO:
      $30.46

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.00, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.1) A, 8, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.1) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, MP3 calls $2.50.

River: ($10.1) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Villain's stats:
      Hands: 54
      VPIP: 21
      PFR: 21
      Agr: 1.0
      WTSD: 25%
      W$SD: 50%

I think, my main mistake in this hand is that I decided to call pre-flop.
      I like 3betting better, because:
      1) it is easy fold to 4bet;
      2) it much easier to play with initiative when OOP;
      3) it is possible to win pot uncontested pre-flop;
      4) and I could easier get a read on Villain's range, if he decides to call.

Now, when I decided to call, i don't know if I played it right.
      As I'm OOP, I wanted to get to showdown cheap.
      So I used line as: F - ch/c, T - b/f, R - reevaluate.
      One thing I hate about this line is, that I probably don't protect my hand from flush draws enough.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also like 3-betting pf and if villain is capable 4-bet light AQ is strong enough to 5-bet shove
      interesting line on the turn. Bet there is fine, but I think betting 4$ is a little better than half pot size
      If you get called, then b/f blank river or c/c are imo both fine lines
    • Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I also like 3-betting pf and if villain is capable 4-bet light AQ is strong enough to 5-bet shove
      interesting line on the turn. Bet there is fine, but I think betting 4$ is a little better than half pot size
      If you get called, then b/f blank river or c/c are imo both fine lines

About that turn line. It is a little bit unusual. I found it on Leak buster's article "Playing out of position".
      Here are some fragments from it:

[..]Being out of position makes this more difficult, but checking your top pair hands
      against a single opponent will typically help you win more than if you just
      lead out and bet. The primary reason is that opponents tend to continuation bet at a very high rate.
      Thus, you can pick up an extra bet by checking these hands[..]

[..]The best play in these situations is typically to check and call a bet then lead the turn for around 1/2 the size of the pot.
      If your opponent raises in this situation, then you can get away from your hand, but know that you've made a move to win the pot.
      It's VERY rare that someone at small stakes will raise a turn bet if they've been called on the flop
      and you've now lead the turn unless they do indeed have a better hand. [..]

I think it could actually work. But I also agree with you about betting 4$ on the turn.
      What do you think about article?
      Is it a good line at NL25, NL50, when playing OOP? (I don't mean the exact hand, but overall - OOP)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you always take that line with top pair it can be easily use for bluffing.
      Half pot size doesn´t really give the best impression you have monster there and if player is aggro, he can easily raise turn with weaker hands than yours.
      But in general yes, why not play that style. But I would likely just take c/c line at the beginning to see how often player barrels and try to get my hand to showdown
      If he has air he would fold to your turn bet anyway, but it is never bad thing to give him chance bluff with worse hands. Since right now boards is very drawy I like your line, since you also need to protect your hand, but on rainbow board I don´t mind also c/c down