[NL2-NL10] NL10 A7 suited

• ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      I called pre-flop with this hand cause one of the villian in the hand will raise with really weak hands. On flop, i called cause i knew that if i hit the flush, my implied odds would be huge (villian loves to bet big/move all in with mid/bottom pair or loves to bluff with nothing or bet big with draws). I think my only mistake was not pushing all in on the turn but i was letting villian do all the betting since he is very aggressive with bad hands. I figured he had some kinda flush draw. I'm assuming he would have called my push on turn anyways? Since he values draws very highly as well and have seen him call similar all in's with flush draw only... Any advice?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Known players:
      BU:
      $1.86
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB:
      $16.54
      UTG2:
      $7.47
      MP1:
      $10.57
      MP2:
      $11.98
      MP3:
      $1.90
      CO (Hero):
      $9.48

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, A.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.25) J, 3, 5 (3 players)
      BB bets $1.19, MP1 folds, Hero calls $1.19.

Turn: ($3.63) 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $3.45, Hero calls $3.45.

River: ($10.53) 5 (2 players)
      BB raises to $11.50, Hero calls $4.44(All-In).

Final Pot: $26.47.

Results follow:

Hero shows a flush, ace high(7c Ac).

BB shows a full-house, fives full of threes(Kc 5s).

BB wins with a full-house, fives full of threes(Kc 5s).
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Raise the flop and call a shove. He might fold some very weak hand that are ahead of you at the moment, he might fold air which is good for you at that point since you can't call down with A-high, and he go broke with a worse draw which is tremendously good for us. Not to mention he might decide to bluff-shove anyway with whatever air he has.

As played you can go either way on the turn. If you believe villain would have no problem shoving the river as a bluff even tho the stack sizes dictate he has no fold equity whatsoever, your line is fine, just because he sucked out doesn't mean you were wrong. If for some reason you think he might just shutdown on the river, shoving the turn is better.

Hope it helps.
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Would someone as aggressive as villian be able to fold on the turn if i had shoved? Since he had a king high flush draw and bottom pair, I think he would have most likely called my shove anyways. Your thoughts on this?
      Another question. As played on the river, is it possible to get away from the hand since board is 5/3/3/5 making a full house a very real possiblity since you only need a 3 or 5 to make full house?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by ironmask92
      Would someone as aggressive as villian be able to fold on the turn if i had shoved? Since he had a king high flush draw and bottom pair, I think he would have most likely called my shove anyways. Your thoughts on this?
      Probably not, he most likely calls it off with that particular hand. Depending on just how insane villain is however, there is a very real possibility he can actually have worse hands than that in that spot with which he can call a jam tho.

Originally posted by ironmask92
      Another question. As played on the river, is it possible to get away from the hand since board is 5/3/3/5 making a full house a very real possiblity since you only need a 3 or 5 to make full house?
      I don't think so. Villain is capable of playing second pair that fast, there is a pretty good chance he takes the very same line with better hands like any Jx and all worse flushes, unless you've seen him get slowplay-happy with good hands before. We can't fold getting that price on the river when we could be ahead so often.

Hope it helps.