Push-fold stage of SnG - calling

• BllackWolf
      BllackWolf
      Bronze
      I've been following the 4 charts in the bronze section of what to do in the push-fold stage, and I'm wondering what to do when other players don't follow this strategy and call the BB. Should I treat someone limping into the pot as not having actually entered the hand and follow the 'first-in' chart, or should i treat them as having pushed and follow the appropriate 'rebound-chart'? Or maybe somewhere in between? I seem to come across this situation quite a lot (probably because i'm playing low limits).
      Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • Meatfly404
      Meatfly404
      Silver
      Those charts are general guidelines for beginners to have an idea of what cards should be pushed/folded. It doesnt mean that you have to follow them precisely and rather adjust your range according to your opponents. For example if the big blind has very tight calling range you could push profitably almost any 2 cards from SB, or if you are on the BB and you know that SB is pushing widely you can also slightly widen your calling range.

Limping with high blinds is almost always a bad play. Players at micro/low limits usually do this with mediocre hands that are too weak to raise/push (weak aces, low pairs etc.) Thus your pushing range should be tighter because you have to count that at some% the limper will call your push.
      With that said I would generally use the rebound chart :)
    • BllackWolf
      BllackWolf
      Bronze
      Ok thanks that makes sense, I am a beginner so I'm trying not to stray from the charts at the moment until I get a bit more experience.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      the chart is just a general guideline, that is an estimation of ICM.

try to practice your ICM game with the ICM trainer, and very soon you will not have to rely on the charts much.