[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR AQo @ SB - Rush Poker

• prg09
      prg09
      Bronze
      Hi,

i have two questions:

1. was my preflop call an error here? What about re-raising villain?

2. should i have bet more on the flop since there is an SD on the flop?

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $3.03
      CO:
      $4.06
      BU:
      $5.66
      SB (Hero):
      $5.05
      BB:
      $22.23
      UTG1:
      $9.46
      UTG2:
      $6.28
      MP1:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $11.28

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A.
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.45) J, T, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, BU raises to $0.70, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.7.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against BU raise 3-bet is fine there
      If you called then c/c flop is likely better since you have double gutshot. 9 and K would give you straight+ overcards
      If you lead out then he might raise with worse hands like KQ and you may fold better hand, so I like taking c/c line on the flop instead of leading out
    • prg09
      prg09
      Bronze
      Hi,
      thank you for your answer.

If you lead out then he might raise with worse hands like KQ and you may fold better hand, so I like taking c/c line on the flop instead of leading out
      I am afraid I don't really understand this... Why would he raise me with worse hands here? Because i called his raise on the flop and made a smallish (1/2 pot size) c-bet on the flop and this suggests weakness?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by prg09
      Hi,
      thank you for your answer.

I am afraid I don't really understand this... Why would he raise me with worse hands here? Because i called his raise on the flop and made a smallish (1/2 pot size) c-bet on the flop and this suggests weakness?
      Yes. To aggressive players it mostly means you have some small piece of the board and are not too sure what to do with it, so they will bomb you with worse hands like 9x/KQ when in doubt. Even if it fails it didn't cost them much, they always have outs and they will often get to check behind the turn to hit them. If it works they'll know you lead weak hand and they'll be able to abuse that over and over again in future hands.

Since your AQ hand is kinda strong but you're not really looking to go broke against a raise without a more precise read that villain is indeed aggressive enough with his raises for that to be profitable, it's better not to get yourself into a spot where you might be forced to fold it.

Hope it helps.