This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50SH QQ set extracting value

• Firehoper
      Firehoper
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($52.32)
      Hero ($50)
      CO ($11.59)
      BTN ($74.43)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:heart:

fold, BTN raises to $1.50, fold, Hero raises to $5, BTN calls $3.50

FLOP ($10.25) 3:spade: 2:diamond: Q:spade:

Hero bets $5.50, BTN raises to $13.50, Hero raises to $35.50, BTN folds

Hi guys,
      Maybe I was too fast with that raise on the flop or maybe it was too big? I was putting my Oponent on AQ actually, can't see any other hand in his range which would have played the same way. So I decided he is not getting away after raise on the flop and I raised it pretty biggish. Was that a mistake?

Opp: 14/14/2.3
  • 3 replies
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      I would maybe call here (about 50% calls 50% raises). Flop is pretty dry, so he hasnt much draws here. It is BB vs BU so he could be making just a move here and he could be continuing on turn.
      Your reasoning to raise big is good, but I would still make it smaller: about 29 (you are commited with this also and maybe a raise below 30 scares him a little less).

Overall I would say that nice hand, your opponent just didnt have a hand to call you.
    • Firehoper
      Firehoper
      Bronze
      Thanks for a good reply man. :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since you´re getting it all-in if he has there flushdraw then really you don´t need to protect your hand
      So I also like bet/call on the flop and checking him on the turn
      This line often is if you have 66-JJ and he can try bluff you out that hands or just shoving Qx for value