The Continuation Bet

• Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      Just read NL BSS Article about C-bets.
      This is one of the most important skills, as it has to work enough times to be profitable.
      I was c-betting above 80% - it was working only about 43%, which is a leak.
      I'm overdoing it really hard (or was, trying to improve a bit).
      Heard that a profitable c-bet% = about 65 %

Those 65% (total) which I should be continuation betting consists of:
      33% +some pairs %, where I have a hand and other 30% where I bluff. Right?
      If we assume, that we should c-bet good flops very often, then->

How often (%), when I was pre-flop aggressor (and don't hit) I get flops like:
      1) Paired flops;
      2) A high, rainbow;
      3) K hig, rainbow;
      4) AKx, rainbow;
      5) Trips;
      etc. ?

Can anyone help?

Also, what boards to bluff on the flop, if I'm playing 6-max against 5 calling stations?
  • 4 replies
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      'Don't bluff if opponents can't fold!'

BSS Strategy as of bronze! :f_p:
    • Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jeffers16
      'Don't bluff if opponents can't fold!'

BSS Strategy as of bronze! :f_p:
      Yes, I understand.
      It is just that I sometimes really can't check on a AAKr board.
      I'm slapping my fingers, but I still cant stop doing it.
      Or, if flop is 442 and I have Ax hand, I mean, this could still be a bluff, but ...
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      It often helps to use stats, mainly "fold to cbet on flop". Very useful, after just 50-100 hands you get a basic notion of how often your opponent folds to flop cbets. If it's above 50%, you can cbet pretty much every time. I prefer basing my decision (to bet or not to bet?) on this stat more than on board structure.

About stations, you don't want to bluff them at all. Bluff good players. Adjust to the table, if they call you down, cbet less and play for value. If they start folding more, steal their blinds, and if they follow wait until you make a hand before firing another barrel or two.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anger86
      Or, if flop is 442 and I have Ax hand, I mean, this could still be a bluff, but ...
      Well you have to decide are you ahead of your oponent range or not? are you betting for value? or as a bluff? It is important to know what are you betting for to know what you will do on the following streets.