Negreanu crushing $100/200 NL 6max?

• SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      He's on one hell of a heater right now up 6.5 stacks one tabling over the last few hours. He's said he's been working on his cash game lately and has played maybe 2k hands so far the last little while.
  • 20 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Since when heater = crushing?
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      it's probably a bit of a heater, lets see if he still does over time.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      :f_love:
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Silver
      Whos that "Negraneau" guy?
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Don't know about him, but my respect for Ivey went on a big upswing when i saw he's butchering PLO HU 500$-1k$, over 50k+ hands for about 6BB/100h, which i guess it's something for that stakes.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Hehea. I put a question mark on the sub heading and exaggerated with the crushing part.

Since DN said he's been studying and is making a long term challenge of this, I wonder if he'll at least beat the game after a significant sample size of 50k hands or so. It's common knowledge that he's not much of a online player, especially NL cash. Watching him own the table was great to watch earlier today - as fun as watching Isildur go nuts a few months ago, but fun in a much different way.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GooRukYONG
      Whos that "Negraneau" guy?
      ni**er what?
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      he was like 90k up yesterday...
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      If he really has an edge in that game there won't be 50k hands (or at least it will take him tons of time to play it) because A) he 1 tables B) as soon as Galfond, cts, whitelime etc realises that he's not dead money the tables will stop filling up when DN sits down imo.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      I have never seen DN as a great poker player. What I like in him is just his attitude nothing else... I think DN can never beat nosebleeds if he just one tables...
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      i dont know if i am allowed to post links to other poker related websites (tu plus tu) but a Nl2k regular posted in their high stakes forum, that it is unacceptable such a shaby NL player like negreanu should be promoted as one of the best poker players. well.. the forum is quite big and they made quite a noise about this statement and Negreanu came to defend himself and his pride. they played Nl5k HU match for about 20k hands and negreany was tooooootally crushed.

negreany, as well like hellmuth are tournament nits who became famous for their winnings back in the days before online players started to invade the live games. the only thing which will distinguish negreany from a regular small stakes online grinder is his ability to fold very strong hands in the right situations
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      [ ] nice sample size
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by silent21
      i dont know if i am allowed to post links to other poker related websites (tu plus tu) but a Nl2k regular posted in their high stakes forum, that it is unacceptable such a shaby NL player like negreanu should be promoted as one of the best poker players. well.. the forum is quite big and they made quite a noise about this statement and Negreanu came to defend himself and his pride. they played Nl5k HU match for about 20k hands and negreany was tooooootally crushed.

negreany, as well like hellmuth are tournament nits who became famous for their winnings back in the days before online players started to invade the live games. the only thing which will distinguish negreany from a regular small stakes online grinder is his ability to fold very strong hands in the right situations
      except negreanu is actually a live FL, mixed games/stud, MTT player. so their argument is retarded. plus a lot of famous live pros are way worse at NL.

DN >>>> hellmuth
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      If he really has an edge in that game there won't be 50k hands (or at least it will take him tons of time to play it) because A) he 1 tables B) as soon as Galfond, cts, whitelime etc realises that he's not dead money the tables will stop filling up when DN sits down imo.
      do you know what whitelime's nick on stars is?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      do you know what whitelime's nick on stars is?
      Maroonlime
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Negreanu's 4-tabling $5/10 NL! The guy is not that old, only 35, but it might as well be Doyle doing the grind. :s_biggrin:

Gogogoggogogogo!
    • Jepons13
      Jepons13
      Bronze
      He plays on Stars?
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I think it's almost impossible to know which "pro"s are really profitable since they can't make a decent samplesize, especially in tournaments.

It's another thing when you see an online player with 3 million hands and 3BB/100h.