$50.75
      CO (Hero):
      $57.20
      BU:
      $52.20
      SB:
      $104.10

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, BU calls $1.75, SB folds, BB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($5.5) 5, A, J (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.25, BU calls $4.25, BB folds.

Turn: ($14) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.00, BU raises to $20.00, Hero ????

Villain is 27/20/5.5 over 60 hands (0% 3bets)

I think he's raising AJ, A5, 55 on flop so easy push? Not sure though because I don't like minraises since he's almost never doing this with a draw or pure bluff...
  • 3 replies
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      He is not nessecarily raising 55, AJ, JJ on flop.
      Ugly situation, it seems that he has some set or top two (also could have spiked 3 with 33 on turn). Sometimes he could do it with AK, AQ also, but it would be weird play from him. He could be sometimes bluffing, but like you said, it is not logical.
      I think when I am playing, I would push here, but I dont know if it is the right play (assuming he is not minraising FD here, you have to fold).
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      If he's value-raising here we are likely crushed and drawing close to dead, but otherwise we're a huge favourite, so I prefer to call and re-evaluate river.

If diamond draw hits and he shoves, we can't fold given more than 3-1 against this LAG, but I think calling min-raise is superior to shoving because we may induce river bluff.

I wouldn't play this way against a passive ABC type obviously (the reasonable line would be to fold), but given his aggression bluffs and semibluffs constitute a larger part of his range, so I would play this hand out and make a note.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you´re able to c/f river then I think b/c is reasonable
      But since he is shoving there also sometimes with bluffs or maybe some draws I think you can´t c/f river
      So that leaves either shove on the turn or folding to min-raise
      I would prefer shove, since he is raise/calling there with draws or if he is not, then you gain a lot just taking down 100bb pot without showdown