Stack
      BB:
      $5.29
      Hero:
      $4.70
      CO:
      $8.69

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:heart: , A:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.16, 2 folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.50) 6:heart: , 6:diamond: , 3:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.36, CO raises to $1.04, BB folds, Hero calls $0.68.

Turn: ($2.58) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($2.58) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $2.58

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of sixes (Th Ah)
      CO shows two pairs, sevens and sixes (7s 7h)

CO wins with two pairs, sevens and sixes (7s 7h)

NH?
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Without further reads given his stats I think your line is fine, he looks pretty tight so we can't really put a lot of air in his flop raising range on these paired boards, like we could do against a 21/18/3 type of player.

That said, once he shows you 77 at showdown I don't believe he's raising that on the flop with the intention of calling a shove, it's probably some kind of information raise with a middling overpair and he plans on folding to a shove from you, putting you on a premium pair. For that very reason, I would likely jam on the flop in that same spot against him in the future, expecting him to fold these 77-99 hands and whatever else he's raising with that has equity against us, like 54s, plus we get to stack worse flushdraws most of the time.

Hope it helps.
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

Without further reads given his stats I think your line is fine, he looks pretty tight so we can't really put a lot of air in his flop raising range on these paired boards, like we could do against a 21/18/3 type of player.

That said, once he shows you 77 at showdown I don't believe he's raising that on the flop with the intention of calling a shove, it's probably some kind of information raise with a middling overpair and he plans on folding to a shove from you, putting you on a premium pair. For that very reason, I would likely jam on the flop in that same spot against him in the future, expecting him to fold these 77-99 hands and whatever else he's raising with that has equity against us, like 54s, plus we get to stack worse flushdraws most of the time.

Hope it helps.
      Hi, I would like to say that tamairlarace's logic is great (as usual), but still, I would suggest not shoving these flops as the play is on NL4, as I have convinced myself over the time, ~85% of those players are pretty weak and don't fold 77 in that spot. Then your line with 2 overs + flush draw is the best here I guess.
      Coincidentaly, if you call them with hands like 56s preflop and hit this, you can just raise to the skies, they usually pay that off.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Even if they call we're actually flipping against those 77-99 hands on that board, which means it's not a big deal when they don't fold, but it's really great when they do.

I take your point considering people not folding as often as they should and in the end it's always your call to make at the tables. But I do believe it's still a viable line provided he's at all capable of raise/folding stuff or having a worse flushdraw and be forced to call it off.

Hope it helps.