How many hands you open 15-20bb deep from late

• Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      If there are only unknowns acting after you, how many hands you open from Cutoff or Button?

If there are both reg and unknown acting after you, how many hands you open from Cutoff or Button?

Curious to hear some ranges so I can maybe adjust my 3-bet shove ranges from blinds.
  • 5 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      I think it's too hard to say just by stack size?

We'll have to evaluate things like how many players left, is it the bubble, how fast or aggressively do the blinds increase, is everyone even in chips, are we the chip leader with shorties around?
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Yeah, I forgot to add those. 6-9 players left, 15-20 bb effective stacks. The blind increase is pretty irrelevant though.

But let make this simpler, blinds 50/100, 9 players. Everyone has 1500 chips.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      I will still play pretty standard, and loosen up a little with the stealing range, since i think players tighten up a little at this stage of the game.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      depends a lot on the players behind. this is very stat dependent for me.

somewhere between 10-20% from the CO
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      If there are unknowns i play after the charts, only rarely play a little tighter. I don't like raising hands like QT into 60/40/huge agr. factor players.

If they fold a lot (generally speaking they have 100% fold over a small sample) i steal just a little looser if the table is full: KT from CO, KQ from MP3, 88 from MP3, ATo+ Axs+ maybe from late.

Anyway, as you can assume the main goal of this post is not to teach a Diamond how to play, but rather to learn if what I do is ok. Which brings us to another question:

How many hands you open 15-20bb deep from late when you are short-handed?

I steal A LOT especially when i'm 3handed. If they seem to be folding the blinds a lot i am capable of:

1. raising from BU hands like Q7o, K5s, J8o, suited connectors, 1,2,3gapped suited connectors, maybe some unsuited connectors even if i don't like them a lot.

2. raising from SB with the above + go for a little worse, some random hand if i haven't raised for a long time.

Is this heavy stealing +EV? (hope you don't mind coming over your question, Anssi).