No
        17%
      Total: 47 Votes
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      All players with 100BB stacks

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T:diamond: , T:spade:
      UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.50, 7 folds, UTG calls $1.25, UTG+1 calls $1.25.

Flop: ($4.85) 7:diamond: , J:diamond: , 8:heart: (3 players)
      UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $3.75, UTG calls $3.75, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: ($12.35) A:spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero ???

Do you fire a second barrel? Why or why not?
  • 7 replies
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      I would. A pair of Jacks or better would have probably bet or check-raised on the turn to define his hand on this draw heavy board. UTG+1 is very much behaving like he's on a drawing hand, either a straight or a flush, so you can't give a free card. If he has been calling with A7 or A8, you're behind on the turn but all 9's and T's are outs.
      If he check-raises the turn, you can always decide what to do depending on the size of the raise. If he calls and makes a riverbet, particulary if another scare card comes, I'd have no problem laying the hand down.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Bet/fold for freesd? :)
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      Hi

Looks like a good spot for shooting 2nd barrel, for reasons Timor mentioned. Ace might be a scare card if he's drawing, even if he got J he might chicken out. Of course having reads on opponents behavior makes it easier to decide whether to do it or not and makes it more profitable.
    • Qastorimon
      Qastorimon
      Bronze
      Villain's stats or a good read are crucial here, so I voted Depends on the opponent. If he was a standard TAG I think I would have checked. He didn't raise first in, so a good chance he has a middle/low pair or a suited connector. But I'm really uncomfortable about his call on the flop. He must have a really good draw to call Hero's bet here, but if he had a monsterdraw why didn't he bet out?
      This really smells like a hit set or straight to me, where Villain is giving Hero some rope. And Hero only has middle pair and a gutshot. So I think he gladly wants to see the river for free and checks.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      I think I would bet and fold to reraise. If he calls and the rivercard is a rag and he bets into me I might call depending on the betsize, if he checks to me Im not sure on how to proceed. On the other hand is a scary card I would fold if he bets into me and check behind if checked to me.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Sorry guys, but from my point of view the minority is right:

You should ask yourself the following questions:
      - Against which type of player do we play?
      - Which image do we have?
      - How did the hand develop so far? What is Villain's hand range?
      - Will better hands call? / Will worse hands call?
      - How is the board structure? Is the board draw heavy / draw less?
      - Does our opponent float us?
      - Which hand do we want to represent?
      - Do we want to fire a second barrel?

Important:
      Do not make a second barrel too often! If our opponents see us bluffing too often our chances to barrel in a good spot shrink – we lose respect.
      If our 2 barrel bluff is catched by an opponent we should look for situations (e.g. betting strong hands on every street) in which our image helps us.
      All in all you should not fire a second barrel in more than ¼ of the cases and give up your hand in all other cases.

Solution:

Second Barrel – yes or no?

No!
      A second barrel isn't good here because there are many draws which could call us. In sum less hands will fold although the ace is a scare card.
      In addition we can still have the best hand. Normally a jack wouldn't fold here and if our opponent has a weaker pair the river will often be played check-check so that we get a free showdown.
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      A second barrel isn't good here because there are many draws which could call us
      That's actually pretty good because we are ahead against any type of draw. I dont want to check behind the turn and then be bluffed on the river because I cant call a riverbet with two or more overcards.

I'd 2nd barrel the turn. He is not going to fold a Jack most of the time, nor an ace, but he is going to call lots of draws, e.g. combination of a pair and a flush draw, whatever.

I'd then definitely take a free showdown. so bet turn for free sd is best imo.