multiple accounts?

• ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Hi guys..

Do you have some1 in your household who has account as well on FTP? or wherever else?

Im in wierd situation.
      My dad also playes at FTP. We have same internet connection = same IP, same everything.
      Today I ve got email from support, that I am using multiple accounts and that they gonna close my dad's one..
      I replied to them that its not multi accounting and if they need some ID's or whatever we will provide it asap...And after 4hours, when I want to play a session, I cant connect to my account..
      Im like.. WTF?
      I just emailed them again, but its really annoying.
      I hate when ppl take action before they investigate sthing..
      reminds me of gals.. but thats off topic..
  • 8 replies
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      FTP support sucks. my flatmate plays on FTP and as me and despite that we both send IDs they allowed both of us to play only after i pointed out that i was playing ONLY nl50 and he only sngs...
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      yeah, exactly, I also sent that as argument..
      That I play nl50 n my dad sucks at 5bucks sngs n nl5..
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      What are you complaining about?

Would you prefer the following situation:-

Two colluders/cheaters or bots are allowed to continue playing until they submit their documents or prove they are not. Because it's ok to trust everyone on the internet.

It's obvious they HAVE to suspend your account immediately if they suspect anything, which they do. They did the right thing.

Their support does suck though.
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      What are you talking about ? All what is suspicious is that we have same IP and household..

We play different games, we never play at same table, we actually never play at the same time.. What would we actually be cheating by such behaviour ?
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      So you are saying they thought the two accounts were suspicious and blocked one pending further investigation/you providing extra documents?

That's what i gather from your initial post. Again i repeat what are you complaining about? This situation is so standard I don't know why you are so up in arms about it. It's the same at pokerstrategy, you have to warn support before you even register here that a member of the same household is already a member.

They can't let you to keep on playing and potentially expose other players to cheating/fraud until you prove yourself innocent. If you submit your documents and they still fail to reinstate your account/steal your money then you can start complaining.
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      I understand it in case of PS.com since they are giving their members 50bucks..
      Ofc poeple can try to abuse it.

But what im I gonna abuse by having 2 accounts on FTP ?
      I would understand that they would be suspicious if both me n my dad played at same tables at the same time or shting like that.

Nope, they actually said they gonna block my dad's one, but they blocked my as well.

Wasted day.. didnt play a hand..
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      There was a similar case on another forum where a man and his husband were both playing high stakes (6 figure account balances) on the same computer. They never played at the same time apart from once in a freeroll where his wife borrowed a friends laptop. FTP support were fully aware they both played and that they were allowed to play. One day he private messaged a FTP support member on the forum to look into his account. His account and his wife's account were both locked and an investigation was taking place. They eventually got back to the couple after numerous emails and said they can't reopen the accounts but they were allowed to withdraw their balances. Although they had 800,000 FTP points and 10,000 medals that they couldn't spend.

Anyway the FTP support is not as good as other sites and they don't have much communication with each other. You just gotta keep fighting your side and tell the truth. I hope it gets sorted soon.
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      I guess that kinda things can happen..
      Both my and my dads account has been reopened after verifiing both ID's n other requierd docs..

Must be sick to be n that ppl skin.. Do I loose all or not ? ..whoa