This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 Rush AQs busted flush draw

• robpettitt
      robpettitt
      Bronze
      Trying to get the hang here of playing nut flush draws on the flop and turn, then on the river when busted.

Preflop I am OOP to a min raise from EP and a flat from the BU, so not a pretty spot and I elect to flat call. Folding (obviously) not an option for 1bb and I don't like the squeeze play here either with little info.

I do have some stats, UTG2 is VPIP13/PFR6 on a sample size of 47 hands so a TAG. BU is a 6/2 so a Rock with a sample size of 52. Again not pretty with AQs OOP.

So I flop the nut flush draw and gutshot straight draw and I elect to donk. Original raiser flats and the Rock folds.

Turn is an interesting card. I don't think it helps me at all at this point although might give me some further (not clean) outs. So I bet out again and when I get flatted for the second time I know I am beat then and need to hit the flush.

I miss everything, question is should I b/f or try to check down for showdown value? I figure if I check my busted draw is obvious and will get pushed off, so elect to b/f which was quite easy when the AI came after a PFR and two flats.

I am looking for advice on whether I played the draw properly, in particular when it is busted by the river.

Many thanks!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $47.86
      SB:
      $19.62
      BB (Hero):
      $28.66
      UTG1:
      $18.52
      UTG2:
      $19.53
      MP1:
      $20.02
      MP2:
      $25.06
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $46.65

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.50, 4 folds, BU calls $0.50, SB folds, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.6) K, 2, T (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, UTG2 calls $1.00, BU folds.

Turn: ($3.6) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, UTG2 calls $2.00.

River: ($7.6) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.25, UTG2 raises to $16.03(All-In), Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10.85.
  • 2 replies
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I would bet bigger on both flop and turn.

If Villain has a high river aggression, I c/c river instead of b/f, because there are a lot of busted draws, not just in our own range.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you can also c/r flop and trying to get all-in on the flop, although leading out is also fine
      turn bet is fine, but since you now have showdown value you can also c/c
      I would likely c/c or c/f river
      hard him to call with worse hands or fold better ones