[NL2-NL10] Nl2 - 55 - Sb

• Slayer111

Opponent limped some hands before and this was his usual limped hand. So i just wondered if i played correct this hand?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5, 5.
      CO posts deadblind, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, CO checks, BU folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.1) 5, Q, K (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.06, CO folds.

Turn: ($0.22) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, MP3 calls $0.14.

River: ($0.5) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, MP3 raises to $1.72, Hero calls $1.44.

Final Pot: $3.94.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a full-house, kings full of tens(K T).
      Hero shows a full-house, fives full of kings(5 5).

MP3 wins with a full-house, kings full of tens(K T).

• 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Just pot the flop, it's a small pot at microstakes, most likely anybody with some piece isn't going to fold anyway. If you get called it allows you to put in even more money in later streets, which is a really important concept.

As played I'd probably pot the turn too, AJ got there already but a lot of hands made a pair and a straightdraw so they're not folding even to a pot bet either.

On the river Kx was a decent part of MP3's range and if he indeed had that he's never ever folding to a river bet, but he might not raise either. So again I'd make a solid ~$0.4 bet.

As played when he raises the river it's kinda uncomfortable because the big Kx hands actually beat us a decent amount, but it's a limped pot at nl2 and MP3 might still show up with worse Kx hands or the nut straight and play it like that. I don't think you can find a fold, call it sort of a cooler and move on :p

Hope it helps.