Top Pair Getting Bluffed Out?

• Manjushri

I play at pokerstars, and I have tried to find the Hand History File, but I can't even find the Hand History Foler. I have checked the other folders just to see if there is a .txt file I can find with the hand histories, but I couldn't find it. So I am forced to explain the situation through memory, but still keeping the essence of the situation. The actual flop cards might be off a little bit.

.1/.25 Stakes

I am small blind and everyone folded before me.
      I had A9 off-suit and around $9...
      I called and the BB called. Pot now is therefore .5
      Flop was say 2 5 9 all of different suits.
      I hit top pair and highest kicker so I raised pot size .5 to protect the pot.
      BB reraised to $1.25.
      I felt like BB was bluffing or hit the 9 but will most likely have a lower kicker than mine.
      I hesitated a little bit, but still called at the end, hoping that he won't raise again on the turn.
      The turn was a lower card than 9 so I still had top pair.
      The turn was a 7.
      so now the board has 2 5 9 7.
      I checked.....The pot is now $3...and BB raised to $2.25....

I had top pair top kicker...I felt like he was overbetting...possibly due to bluffing...or he might have low pocket pairs that made a three of a kind...or a pocket overpair...
      I was abit tempted to challenge him to an all in but I thought I shld just be careful and fold, as I don't want to go broke with one top pair, which isn't really a monster.

Do you think I should have called?
      Should I have not called the $1.25 raise on the flop in the first place, eventhough I had top pair top kicker? plus an Ace can still come out on the turn or river?

Kindly share your poker wisdom.
      If you know how to find the hand history file at pokerstars as well...kindly share the instructions for that...I have done some digging but to no avail...

Kind Regards

• 2 replies
    • MatejM47
      You probably cant find it because Stars does not save your hands by defoult. You have to click on the dealer while at table and instant hand history. There you gotta go under options and check save my hand history.

On the hand. Its hard to tell whit out stats and notes about the player. Many ppl cold call with pocket pair so a set is a strong possibility. He could also hit 2 pair or something like that so imo folding in this situation is no mistake vs unknown opponent. Its possible that he was bluffing, but with no information on him you can't tell. On those micro limits its best that you wait till you have the nuts because there's always a fish that will pay you off.

Hope that helps.
    • Manjushri
      Thank you for sharing your insights. :)