weird play by 2 guys

• eszibit
      eszibit
      Bronze
      iPoker No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (7 handed) - iPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($25.50)
      SB ($77.60)
      Hero (BB) ($100)
      UTG ($31.75)
      MP1 ($104.50)
      MP2 ($259.66)
      CO ($44.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, K
      2 folds, MP2 calls $1, 2 folds, SB calls $0.50, Hero checks

Flop: ($3) 10, Q, 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3, MP2 calls $3, SB calls $3

Turn: ($12) 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $5, SB calls $5, Hero calls $5

River: ($27) 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $13.50, MP2 raises to $27, SB calls $27, Hero folds

Total pot: $94.50 | Rake: $3

x: Shows [A A]
      y: Shows [A A]
      x: wins $45.75
      y: wins $45.75

Don't want this hand to be analyzed ,just wanted to ask your opinion ,doesn't this seem like colluding? I just looked them up and they both play at only that table, and on ptr one has 900 hands and the other 1000 or so ..both bad players.
  • 10 replies
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Looks like two fish playing their usual value line with teh nuts until the river, where the 2nd one is scared of the raise and just wants to call instead of sticking in a minraise of this own. But note them obviously just in case.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      seems like cheating when they both have cards that don't exist.

and what a horrible riverfold imo
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      am i reading this right? they both had AA ?
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SalamiandCheese
      Looks like two fish playing their usual value line with teh nuts until the river, where the 2nd one is scared of the raise and just wants to call instead of sticking in a minraise of this own. But note them obviously just in case.
      This is my most favorite post in a long time.
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      Yea they both have AA...
      I think SALAMI got it right here...
      They both dont raise pre for
      value (cuz nobody can beat AA and they want more players in the pot cuz allmost everybody folded)
      and put the usual fishy style that i will overbet or minreraise
      you in the river for max value..
      Play with them more imo!!

And if you had they stats it could confirm that...
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      Looks like if you will e-mail hand to support they can open up case and you may get your money back and they can delete those guys accounts! The same happened to some guys i know they were playing at the same table and communicating between themselves...their accounts were deleted and they took away all their money. Btw happened at starts!
    • Catinthewall
      Catinthewall
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      seems like cheating when they both have cards that don't exist.

and what a horrible riverfold imo
      Wait what? how do these cards not exist?

Actually, there was an article on 2p2 a while back about low NL minraises. From fish, usually meant overpair or better, it was a smart fold if his reads were right.

Why would you say they're colluding? two having pocket aces is reeeeally unlikely. Two specific colluders? Astronomical. And if they had been, SB would have folded on the turn to lower loss against a set/straight from Hero.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      for future refference let's all agree to type the numeric value before the suit
    • eszibit
      eszibit
      Bronze
      No stats on them and i don't care about the money ..just wanted your opinion to make up my mind if i should report them or not. I wrote their hands like that because it was a copy/paste from pokertracker (dunno why the converter didn't work for showdown)
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Catinthewall

Actually, there was an article on 2p2 a while back about low NL minraises. From fish, usually meant overpair or better, it was a smart fold if his reads were right.

Agreed, I also think it's a fold on the river here. But I ALSO think check-calling is a better line for the river. The texture of the flop is such that many busted draws are in both villains' range which they might bluff with (but never call), and by check-calling you can possibly afford to see showdown with a made hand rather than being raised off it. Folding on the turn would be ok also, just a tighter play;imo some measure of strength is shown by villain 1 flat calling flop and leading turn, not to mention the other guy calls behind him increasing your chances of being beaten by the river even if you were ahead at that point in time.

And sorry, I know you weren't after any analysis of the hand I just couldn't resist throwing in my 2 cents. As for colluders, I am on the lookout any time I play. If I am repeatedly being squeezed in between the same two players, or anything else makes me concerned about the game, I leave and find a new table. Simple as that. Unfortunately poker today is such that avoiding and in some cases disposing of colluders through reporting is a game skill that poker players should strive to cultivate, for their own protection and for the good of poker as a whole.

EDIT - As for these two guys, with 1 hand, I don't think you'd have much of a story. But don't forget about them, if you catch the same two guys pulling the same moves at the same table again, you have much more of a case. The worst that can happen if you report them is they get checked out and found to not be colluding.

w34z3l