UTG ($3.20)
      Hero ($10.84)
      UTG+2 ($3.65)
      MP1 ($4.52)
      MP2 ($8.52)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($10.36)

Dealt to Hero 7:heart: 7:diamond:

fold, Hero calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.05, BB checks

FLOP ($0.30) 7:spade: 4:heart: 8:diamond:

SB bets $0.30, BB folds, Hero calls $0.30

TURN ($0.90) 7:spade: 4:heart: 8:diamond: 7:club:

SB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.30, SB calls $0.70

RIVER ($3.50) 7:spade: 4:heart: 8:diamond: 7:club: 5:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $2.70

I put him on some kind of six from his bets, maybe sets, but unlikely after he just called my raise on the turn and he did show sixes.

Should i bet more on the turn, i didn't want to get him off the hand coz there wasn't much he could call with, unless he had 56.

On the river, if i put him on the straight, should i just have overbet it all in?
  • 3 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      when i was playing full-ring, depending on table flow i used to raise any pp pf fi.

Reason being you build pot for set mining, initiative with a made hand.

if you put him on a 6 i would bet 2/3rds flop and turn but with the river i would make a sucker bet.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I would:

Raise preflop.
      Raise flop for value.
      Raise turn more.

River bet sizing is player dependant. Some sort of pair is prob more likely than straight here (8xs 99-TT vs 56s, 66, 86s). But a lot of people are folding weak pairs here to a bet. In that case betting large has more value. If they are going to look you up light, then your bet sizing is good.

So, VS TAG/Nit I would bet large, since they are less likely to have called your turn raise with weak made hands, and if they did are going to have a hard time calling a river bet. Wouldn't shove, since I think people will fold 6x.

VS calling stations, would bet smaller for opposite of above reasons (If they were 50WTS or something would just overbet anyway).

That sounds very counter intuitive hey
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I would:

Raise preflop. Raise flop for value.
      Raise turn more.

River bet sizing is player dependent. Some sort of pair is prob more likely than straight here (8xs 99-TT vs 56s, 66, 86s). But a lot of people are folding weak pairs here to a bet. In that case betting large has more value. If they are going to look you up light, then your bet sizing is good.

So, VS TAG/Nit I would bet large, since they are less likely to have called your turn raise with weak made hands, and if they did are going to have a hard time calling a river bet. Wouldn't shove, since I think people will fold 6x.

VS calling stations, would bet smaller for opposite of above reasons (If they were 50WTS or something would just overbet anyway).

That sounds very counter intuitive hey
      This, except for the calling stations part. By definition they're likely not dumping 8x and of course never folding 6x, so I'd still bet kinda big.

Hope it helps.