[NL2-NL10] Nl 50 Sss Ak

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      0,25/0,50 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $2,00, CO calls $2,00, Hero raises to $9,50 (All-In), 2 folds, MP3 calls $7,50, CO folds.

Flop: ($21,75) A:heart: , 6:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      Turn: ($21,75) T:diamond:
      River: ($21,75) 4:heart:

Final Pot: $21,75

On the long run my push with AK should be EV+ for the dead money in the pot. My biggest pot so far:)

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10
      BB:
      $47,69

0,25/0,50 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , K:heart:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $1,50, BB calls $1,00.

Flop: ($3,00) T:diamond: , 5:spade: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,50, BB calls $1,50.

Turn: ($6,00) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1, Hero calls $1,00.

River: ($8,00) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: $8,00

Made standard contibet and I thought that I might be still ahead. I was sure that I was behind on the turn, but pot odds were good, so I called.

Today went a little better, only -5$, which should be normal. NL 50 tables are so tight that I almost never get the action.
  • 4 replies
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Hi Kaitz,

Hand 1 - Nice hand & nice pot :)

Hand 2 - Personally, I'd raise $2.50 preflop (SB OOP vs BB...and I always do 5xBB +1/limper from the blinds anyway.) As played, I'd bet $2 on the flop.

IMHO,
      Kknight
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 1.)
      Nice. :)

Hand 2.)
      In my coaching I started to teach that I raise 5 BB + 1 per limper from the SB and BB, because I would have to act OOP Postflop if I get one caller. This 1 BB more gives me a bit more Fold Equity and also makes it easier for me to decide what to do on the flop, since most of the times I´m pot committed anyway and move all-in on nearly any flop.

So raise to $2.5 here and then bet $3.50 on the flop. If he calls you often can move All-In on the Turn.

Like played I push on the Turn, he often isn´t holding a T and any other Pocket Pair he has to fold on the turn unless he is holding an Overpair to the board or hits the Jack here, because after you pushed on the Turn he has to assume that you hold an Overpair. And if he calls (but you have a very good fold Equity) you often have still 7 clear Outs to pick up a straight or Top Pair that oftens is good enough.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Thanks for comments

2) I steal a lot on SB: hands like Ax, QT, K9, any pocket pair. Depends on the opponents any two (against SSS player), so I´m not interested to get stacked if BB decides to call. That´s why I only raise 3 BB, this is mostly good enough to get them fold and my contibets aren´t so expencive.

I think that here is the right spot only make HPSB. If he is on the flush draw, so be it, but if he has pocket pair or T he would call/raise (depends on the opponent) me and I don´t loose more money. NL 50 players seems to be tighter and also they are better players, so I don´t think that normal player wouldn´t fold or call for extra 50 cents:)
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 2.)
      But on these boards they often put you on 2 OC if they hold a Pocket Pair (sometimes also with AJ and AQ) and often call here a C-Bet of 2/3 Pot as well. But thats good for us, because against these players will have still Fold Equity on the Turn, when we push their. And with the J on the Turn, we have 7 Outs and represent an Overpair when we push. So he often has to fold unless he holds a T, 55 or a J.

But if you C-Bet 2/3 Pot every time and your opponent know that, the 1/2 Pot Bet could look suspicious as well and he might be fold, if he can put you on a T or an Overpair then and believes you when to get his money in the pot. So how you played that hand can be right as well.