[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH - AKo; turn trips, ccc on board

• BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($9.90)
      Hero (SB) ($11.20)
      BB ($17.27)
      UTG ($8.36)
      MP ($10.23)
      CO ($10.12)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K
      1 fold, MP bets $0.35, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, MP calls $0.65

Flop: ($2.10) 8, 2, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, MP calls $1.40

Turn: ($4.90) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.65, MP raises to $7.83 (All-In), Hero calls $5.18

Total pot: $20.56 | Rake: $1.37

Wow 1st big decision on nl10 ^_^, played 99 hands there so far :O

So about the villain, I was playing 2 tables and he seemed to start out playing like a weak TAG, but I think he tilted, as a few hands ago, this happened:

I open with QQ from BU (3bb). Same villain 3bets me from SB (10bb), I simply 4bet him for value (30bb) and he shoves. I called and he turned over JTo...

So I figured he's pretty tilty right now, and despite the fact that the turn completed the flush I decided to call his shove. How often does he really have the flush here?
      He could have 22 or 88, but I think he would have slowplayed his turned full, seeing how aggressive I am, and considering the fact that the Kc is a scary card AND we're pot committed anyway if he calls the turn.
      Generally I beat a bluff, a FD and all weaker kings, and on that spot calling 5 to win 15 is quite an easy call.

But could I go a different road and not bet the turn, keeping the pot smaller? Could I eventually find a fold in that spot?
  • 3 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      imo the problem with this hand is bet-sizing.
      Pf: 1.20
      Flop: i would bet just under pot

Reason for the bigger bets would be we are oop for the hand and have to make it expensive for flush draws.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I think flop bet sizing is fine. Villian won't have that many flush draws in range and 2/3 pot is plenty.

Turn Bet/call is fine. Am not folding at any point in this hand. I think turn is a decent spot to check/shove with reads that villian is aggressive and tilt spazzing. Money is going in vs Kx anyway, you are prob only getting 2 streets vs most underpairs, and he should have a whole lot of random stuff. Though if you think you can get stacks in vs his underpairs, betting is going to be much better.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I think flop bet sizing is fine. Villian won't have that many flush draws in range and 2/3 pot is plenty.

Turn Bet/call is fine. Am not folding at any point in this hand. I think turn is a decent spot to check/shove with reads that villian is aggressive and tilt spazzing. Money is going in vs Kx anyway, you are prob only getting 2 streets vs most underpairs, and he should have a whole lot of random stuff. Though if you think you can get stacks in vs his underpairs, betting is going to be much better.
      This. And make it $1.15-1.2 preflop as justkyle88 suggested.

By the way you don't need to make it 30bb when you 4-bet BUvsSB preflop in position. Even 25bb is plenty and it does two things for you: it allows you to bluff cheaper if you ever want to throw in a 4-bet bluff, and it gives villains even more room to shove over it, especially the spazzy paranoid ones.

Hope it helps.