This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH - AKo; turn trips, ccc on board

• BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Bronze
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($9.90)
      Hero (SB) ($11.20)
      BB ($17.27)
      UTG ($8.36)
      MP ($10.23)
      CO ($10.12)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K
      1 fold, MP bets $0.35, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, MP calls $0.65

Flop: ($2.10) 8, 2, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, MP calls $1.40

Turn: ($4.90) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.65, MP raises to $7.83 (All-In), Hero calls $5.18

Total pot: $20.56 | Rake: $1.37

Wow 1st big decision on nl10 ^_^, played 99 hands there so far :O

So about the villain, I was playing 2 tables and he seemed to start out playing like a weak TAG, but I think he tilted, as a few hands ago, this happened:

I open with QQ from BU (3bb). Same villain 3bets me from SB (10bb), I simply 4bet him for value (30bb) and he shoves. I called and he turned over JTo...

So I figured he's pretty tilty right now, and despite the fact that the turn completed the flush I decided to call his shove. How often does he really have the flush here?
      He could have 22 or 88, but I think he would have slowplayed his turned full, seeing how aggressive I am, and considering the fact that the Kc is a scary card AND we're pot committed anyway if he calls the turn.
      Generally I beat a bluff, a FD and all weaker kings, and on that spot calling 5 to win 15 is quite an easy call.

But could I go a different road and not bet the turn, keeping the pot smaller? Could I eventually find a fold in that spot?
  • 3 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      imo the problem with this hand is bet-sizing.
      Pf: 1.20
      Flop: i would bet just under pot

Reason for the bigger bets would be we are oop for the hand and have to make it expensive for flush draws.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I think flop bet sizing is fine. Villian won't have that many flush draws in range and 2/3 pot is plenty.

Turn Bet/call is fine. Am not folding at any point in this hand. I think turn is a decent spot to check/shove with reads that villian is aggressive and tilt spazzing. Money is going in vs Kx anyway, you are prob only getting 2 streets vs most underpairs, and he should have a whole lot of random stuff. Though if you think you can get stacks in vs his underpairs, betting is going to be much better.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I think flop bet sizing is fine. Villian won't have that many flush draws in range and 2/3 pot is plenty.

Turn Bet/call is fine. Am not folding at any point in this hand. I think turn is a decent spot to check/shove with reads that villian is aggressive and tilt spazzing. Money is going in vs Kx anyway, you are prob only getting 2 streets vs most underpairs, and he should have a whole lot of random stuff. Though if you think you can get stacks in vs his underpairs, betting is going to be much better.
      This. And make it $1.15-1.2 preflop as justkyle88 suggested.

By the way you don't need to make it 30bb when you 4-bet BUvsSB preflop in position. Even 25bb is plenty and it does two things for you: it allows you to bluff cheaper if you ever want to throw in a 4-bet bluff, and it gives villains even more room to shove over it, especially the spazzy paranoid ones.

Hope it helps.