moderators?

• 10 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi w34z3l,

If only lol , the weather would be much better than where I am imo :D

No, moderators are just members of the community like everyone else, but we also voluntarily help out around the place. Giving a little back to this great community :)

We help keep things tidy, remove spam to protect members and help answer peoples questions wherever possible.

We are all home based, but are in constant close contact with those nice guys & girls in Gibraltar ;)

If you or anyone is interested in moderatoring or would like further details of exactly what we do, drop me a community mail, always happy to hear from fellow community members. :)

Best regards,

Bart
      (very much at home with my shoes kicked off, cup of coffee in hand and tempted to start that chocolate bar I've managed to save for at least 5 minutes.... it's a tough life :) )
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Hi bart, maybe you would like to elaborate more on being a moderator?
      - hw much time it consumes(maybe for yourself)
      - eligibility requirements
      - benefits
      - anything essential enough to highlight
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      You've probably noticed that i write news articles for the main page (i'll be pissed if you didn't). So for me, being a moderator just makes my job a little easier, especially for writing community news etc.

As for benefits, i guess the main benefit is that i get to pretend that i know more about poker than i actually do. Hopefully i get more respect at the tables too. :f_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :f_cool: :s_cool:
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      As for benefits, i guess the main benefit is that i get to pretend that i know more about poker than i actually do. Hopefully i get more respect at the tables too. :f_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :f_cool: :s_cool:
      lol :D nd i thought u guys get paied or sumthin :f_biggrin: :f_love:
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aceonetheriver
      lol :D nd i thought u guys get paied or sumthin :f_biggrin: :f_love:
      i get paid when i do actual work, like writing articles and stuff. But for spamming the boards, nah.. :s_biggrin: Having a cool status pic is payment enough :s_cool:
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      As for benefits, i guess the main benefit is that i get to pretend that i know more about poker than i actually do but most importantly I get to be in contact with vhallee. Hopefully i get more respect at the tables too. :f_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :f_cool: :s_cool:
      Fixed.
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      We are all in constant close contact with those nice girls in Gibraltar ;)
      key line there imo :)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vhallee
      As for benefits, i guess the main benefit is that i get to pretend that i know more about poker than i actually do with the only downside being I have to be in "contact" with vhallee - and he makes us do... things... for him. I don't like to talk about it. Hopefully i get more respect at the tables too. :f_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :f_cool: :s_cool:
      Fixed.
      Fix fixed.
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      I'd be interested i'm currently unemployed and just spend my time playing poker all day anyways. Wasn't sure what you meant by community mail?? So i'll just post here and hope you read Eaglestar! ;)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      lol.... you guys kill me with your wit you really do :D

Originally posted by Abe1919
      So i'll just post here and hope you read Eaglestar! ;)
      Hi Abe,

You know me too well my friend, I'm always around and sufficiently nosey that I read most things :D

Forum members can add each other as friends and send private messages via the "Community" tab at the top of the page, or just click on my name on the left.

I'll add you as a friend and send you my skype name, if you would like to have a chat sometime about what moderating entails, I'd be happy to hear from you. I'm actually away from home at the moment on a dodgey mobile connection which skype just loves to crash constantly X( , so if you can contact me after Saturday when I'm back on the lovely home broadband, that'll be great ;)

Best regards,

Bart