Weekly Vote: When do You Cash Out?

• Poll
    • When do you cash out?

Cashout? I wish I could make that much profit!
        32%
        Once my bankroll hits a certain amount
        22%
        When I need to pay bills or meet other expenses
        21%
        Rarely, only for special occasions
        15%
        A fixed percentage of my winnings on a regular basis
        11%
      Total: 425 Votes
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Cashing out can be done for various reasons. Maybe you are making too much profit and they call you saying that there is no more room in the vault. Maybe your grandma really liked that plastic crocodile she saw at the souvenir shop (and you're her favourite grandson/granddaughter anyway), or maybe the Government is breathing down your neck because of those unpaid bills.

No matter the reason, you have to do this at some point, right? Let us know how it works for you and take part in this week's poll!
  • 50 replies
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      No cashing out before making it to at least NL50

And then fixed % of earnings regularly
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Damn bills, damn studies, damn food and drinks, damn presents and other things that are damned keep me from moving up limits :f_p:
    • ItsBeno
      ItsBeno
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vhallee
      Cashing out can be done for various reasons. Maybe you are making too much profit and they call you saying that there is no more room in the vault. Maybe your grandma really liked that plastic crocodile she saw at the souvenir shop (and you're her favourite nephew anyway), or maybe the Government is breathing down your neck because of those unpaid bills.

No matter the reason, you have to do this at some point, right? Let us know how it works for you and take part in this week's poll!
      "Maybe your grandma really liked that plastic crocodile she saw at the souvenir shop (and you're her favourite nephew anyway)"

wouldn't you be a grandson to a grandma?
    • rbdflyboy
      rbdflyboy
      Bronze
      Still trying to figure out how to clear a bonus...let alone cash out....
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      You're right ItsBeno. For some reason I thought of "aunt" over there :P
    • Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      Never cashed out so far, letting it there to move up limits.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      I've cashed out twice.

First time a year ago, for my entire roll. After i decided to take a long break to finish up my studies.

Second time was two weeks ago. I went on mega tilt after some insane beats on FTP. Tilt was hurting my BR, so i decided to cash out 90% of my roll ($1.3k) , pick a new game and rebuild it. Going pretty well so far.
    • Snuggles666
      Snuggles666
      Bronze
      Cashout? Not when you're running like shit.

"WITHDRAWAL" button? More like "WITHGROWL", am I right guys?
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Never ! It's EV- :s_biggrin:
    • Catinthewall
      Catinthewall
      Bronze
      When I'm moving my bankroll.
      There isn't anything that I can afford yet that merits life rake.
      The house takes a cut, then your body takes a bigger cut if you let it.
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      6k roll, never cashed out yet :s_o:
      i will pretty soon though
    • deco99
      deco99
      Bronze
      i make withdrawals every sunday cuz i like to buy expensive things and spend a lot :)
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      15-50%(depends on needs for next month) everymonth of that months winnings to feel motivated
    • PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      a) If you are in an economic emergeny irl.

b) You beat a high enough stake to make a decent amount of money over a longer period of time (withdrawal doomswitch not taken into account :D )

c) You are going to quit.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      after i have a big upswing i usually cahout but i dont have a job so have to do it weekly to pay the rent
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Cashed out about $10 000 over 3 yrs at NL FR and 6max $5 playing 4 tables and freerolls. Mostly for bills, to buy new bed/cooker/freezer/plasma tv/etc/etc... as 'requested' by SWMBO; hence BR fairly constant at about $200. :f_cry:
    • montoya49
      montoya49
      Silver
      Cashed out when I hit the 100.000$ limit
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Got my 2nd $50 starting capital about 6 months ago. Have cashed out $700 over the last few months. Bought PT3 initially and the rest has paid bills and covered a few nights out and entry to a live event at DTD.

I plan to continue to cash out about 40% of my winnings each month, partly for motivation and entry fees for live tourneys at DTD and partly from need lol.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I've cashed out a measly $489.36 (accounting for fees and exchange-rate bollocks). The rest of my BR of about $4k is waiting to magically transform itself into $6k just as soon as I stopped running like a returd. And yes, I do mean "returd".

In around eight years time, (when I have reached the ripe old age of 81 and have to transport myself from the bathroom to my PC in my own Brunsonesque electric wheelchair) and FT finally decides to remove the broom from my backside and I open the platform to see that I have $6000, I intend to cash out every single dollar I earn above that amount, the moment I earn it. I shall take great satisfaction in requiring Moneybookers to initiate an endless series of $1 withdrawals while I sit at home doing wheelies in my electric wheelchair at the thought of ending up with about sixty-seven pence.