This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 JTs

• AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $5.51
      SB:
      $11.35
      BB:
      $2.67
      MP2:
      $5.21
      MP3:
      $4.90
      CO (Hero):
      $5.28

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, J.
      MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BU folds, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.16, MP2 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.8) T, 2, 8 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2) 7 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2) 9 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.42, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.
  • 3 replies
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Looks fine to me. Maybe bet less on river, like half of the pot (after 3 checks he most likely holds some kind of draw or pair). In case of draw you always can go allin in case of checkraise on river.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I would bet turn. Board is really drawey - it doesn't make sense to wait till the river when all the draws miss to try get value. River can also be a scare card for his worse made hands.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I would bet turn. Board is really drawey - it doesn't make sense to wait till the river when all the draws miss to try get value. River can also be a scare card for his worse made hands.
      This. If you find a valuebet on the river as played, you should find it on the turn too, as it's actually a better spot. If you don't, you're most likely trying to pot control way too often, especially against seemingly loose-passive calling stations against whom it's a big mistake to not valuebet in obviously +ev spots.

Hope it helps.