This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

hu sng limpers

• jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      How do you play against players who limp 85% of the time?? It's so frustrating for me because I have no idea how to play against them. I usually go on tilt when the donkey starts limping and min-betting...
  • 3 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      is this HU at the end of an STT/MTT, or just HU.

how deep are the chip stacks?

Just put in the raise if your have a good enough hand. IMO, what he basically did is give YOU the initiative to make the play, so take it.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Gold
      The first few hands if they limp i tend to bet a very large range of cards around 60% of hands for 4-5bb to see how they react.

If they carry on calling then you can make big raises preflop when you have a good hand AT+ broadways and 77-88+.

If they keep folding then keep putting the pressure on with a large variety of junk hands until they change tact.

Dont raise 4-5bb when they keep folding if you have a monster, you have to be prepared to play small pot preflop.

Often they start to limp raise. If you notice they start to do this more than a few times then you can polarize your range back to monsters you dont mind getting the hand in p/f.
    • jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      thanks, i will try this.

@elhh82, regular hu sng's, we start with 75BB and blinds move up every 7 mins.