Best time of day to play poker?

• BllackWolf
      BllackWolf
      Bronze
      For low limit play especially, what time of day do you find the weakest players? I play on stars and have found that during the day I come across stronger players, a lot of multitablers grinding lower limits (maybe ppl from this site? hehe), whereas particularly in the evening I'm finding that I can regularly just sit back and watch the others bust themselves out of the sngs, which is always nice to see.
  • 6 replies
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      I'm actually playing 2$ SNG on FullTilt (ust made the levelup lol) and personally prefer early morning and after work so I normally do 1/2 SNG at 6 AM CET and then some others after 6PM.
      I prefer morning because I'm more concentrated and on the ET time zone is 1 AM so players may be tired/drunk :)
      At night instead I find the game more stilish and challenging because players are more a mix of nationalities :)

All of the above is placing me ITM 51.28% with a ROI 48.57% since March 1st (I did my levelup about at the beginning of the month).
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      depends on each individual site but for pokerstars i'd say 10pm-4/7am GMT
    • Catinthewall
      Catinthewall
      Bronze
      You can get a pretty good gauge of daily peaks with a tracking site.
      http://epokertraffic.com/current/index.php?q=all&d=low&maxRows_pokertraffic=11
      shows graphs for sites.

Fridays to Sundays are the best, many more casual players.

I would guess that the average strength of players stays about constant though, when there's more tables, you're more likely to find clumps of fish.
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      You want to play recreational/casual players mostly. But also those small volume grinders. Therefore you should be playing after work/school hours and dinner time during the week and all the weekend but especially at night when there are a lot of drunk opponents playing.

But it also depends a lot on the nationality of the majority of the players in the poker room you play. If you're in Europe and playing at a site where there's mostly other european players you can guide yourself with GMT time (6 pm - 2 am, on weekdays, and for drunk players on weekends: 1 am to 5 am).
    • Rakoth666
      Rakoth666
      Bronze
      I'd say that on Full Tilt (NL5) when I play at night (Europe, means afternoon for the US) the Players/Flop % is significantly higher than the afternoons. That's just a personal observation though and not a confirmed statistic ;)
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      I don't know about best, but worst is around 14:00-15:00 GMT+2. Around this time arives many regulars, but fishes disapears... Around 17:00 again tables are playable.

This is on NL10, NL20 (European sites)