This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Best time of day to play poker?

• BllackWolf
      BllackWolf
      Bronze
      For low limit play especially, what time of day do you find the weakest players? I play on stars and have found that during the day I come across stronger players, a lot of multitablers grinding lower limits (maybe ppl from this site? hehe), whereas particularly in the evening I'm finding that I can regularly just sit back and watch the others bust themselves out of the sngs, which is always nice to see.
  • 6 replies
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      I'm actually playing 2$ SNG on FullTilt (ust made the levelup lol) and personally prefer early morning and after work so I normally do 1/2 SNG at 6 AM CET and then some others after 6PM.
      I prefer morning because I'm more concentrated and on the ET time zone is 1 AM so players may be tired/drunk :)
      At night instead I find the game more stilish and challenging because players are more a mix of nationalities :)

All of the above is placing me ITM 51.28% with a ROI 48.57% since March 1st (I did my levelup about at the beginning of the month).
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Gold
      depends on each individual site but for pokerstars i'd say 10pm-4/7am GMT
    • Catinthewall
      Catinthewall
      Bronze
      You can get a pretty good gauge of daily peaks with a tracking site.
      http://epokertraffic.com/current/index.php?q=all&d=low&maxRows_pokertraffic=11
      shows graphs for sites.

Fridays to Sundays are the best, many more casual players.

I would guess that the average strength of players stays about constant though, when there's more tables, you're more likely to find clumps of fish.
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Bronze
      You want to play recreational/casual players mostly. But also those small volume grinders. Therefore you should be playing after work/school hours and dinner time during the week and all the weekend but especially at night when there are a lot of drunk opponents playing.

But it also depends a lot on the nationality of the majority of the players in the poker room you play. If you're in Europe and playing at a site where there's mostly other european players you can guide yourself with GMT time (6 pm - 2 am, on weekdays, and for drunk players on weekends: 1 am to 5 am).
    • Rakoth666
      Rakoth666
      Bronze
      I'd say that on Full Tilt (NL5) when I play at night (Europe, means afternoon for the US) the Players/Flop % is significantly higher than the afternoons. That's just a personal observation though and not a confirmed statistic ;)
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      I don't know about best, but worst is around 14:00-15:00 GMT+2. Around this time arives many regulars, but fishes disapears... Around 17:00 again tables are playable.

This is on NL10, NL20 (European sites)