UTG ($11.44)
      UTG+1 ($10.77)
      Hero (CO) ($10)
      BTN ($2)
      SB ($19.76)
      BB ($22.15)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is CO K:spade: A:spade:
      UTG raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.35, 3 folds

Flop: K:club: 6:heart: 7:diamond: ($0.85, 2 players)
      UTG bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: 8:spade: ($1.65, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.10, UTG calls $1.10

River: A:club: ($3.85, 2 players)
      UTG bets $3.85, Hero calls $3.85

Final Pot: $11.55

Called preflop because BU gone crazy and I wanted to trap him.

UTG: 25/22/3.2
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Quite the awkward line from a player with the stats of a regular. Really small flop c-bet, check/call a somewhat connected turn, and pot donks an A river. I wouldn't peg a 25/22/3 as a player going for suckering valuebets and weird turn pot control lines with very strong hands.

If he had AK/AA/sets why not c-bet bigger on the flop and why check/call the turn at all instead of continuing to valuebet especially on that 8 turn. I'd understand a check/raise but a check/call...

T9s kinda makes sense on the flop but there aren't that many combos of that he opens UTG to begin with, and then why not bet or check/raise the turn if he made the nuts. Same goes for 88.

A8/A7/A6 would make sense on the river but they would be pretty thin check/calls on the turn and he might not even open-raise the suited versions of these from UTG.

In the end I think you can't really make sense out of that unless you get some more reads, and there is still a decent chance we're ahead of some his spazzes, so getting 2:1 we're probably calling when in doubt and definitely making a note on that hand to crush him with our newly found reads in the future, because his line is going to be highly exploitable no matter what he did that with.

Hope it helps.